Bad Government Food Law HR 875

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Our House of Representatives is considering a bill HR 875 that would affect our ability to feed ourselves...

Please read a summary of this bill at

http://www.ftcldf.org/index.html

We need to contact our representative and let them know that this is NOT a bill we need made into a law.

Where are we headed in this country?!

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yea this is not only stupid ( which is the politest word for what I am actually thinking) but it would make it nearly impossible for anyone to grow there own food and sell the surplus. It would make farmers markets with local growers and raisers unattainable and super farms with lots of money to spend the ruling food suppliers.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered what would happen if our country's food production ended up in the hands of a few corporate farms? :hide

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tallman said:
Have you ever wondered what would happen if our country's food production ended up in the hands of a few corporate farms? :hide
That is one step from reality.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I would stay a half step.

Look up MONSANTO some time. :::shudder:::

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
No kidding!!! Monsanto has me motivated to order almost all my seeds from seed preservation companies. Dorks.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Some prefer HR 875 over these bills that are under the radar and getting very little press(and contain none of the good points of HR 875):

S.425-Food Safety and Tracking. . . will probably die after committee unless interest picks up.

HR 814- TRACE ACT -Tracing and Recalling Agricultural contamination Everywhere Act of 2009. . . . very bad news to small sustainable farmers who will be forced to register for NAIS.

HR 759- Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009

Latest posts