banana and hubbard squash recipes

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got a bunch of gigantic hubbard, banana, and various other winter squashes today when the produce stand was closing for the season. I am looking, but not finding a lot of variety in recipes. Do ya'll have some? Sure would appreciate some ideas.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I saw the pictures and I am jealous!! I grew bananas and hubbards for the first time this year. Haven't tried the hubbards yet, but I love the bananas!! Use them for ANY recipe that asks for pumpkin or squash. Look into the thread that BB mentions above. I will add another new recipe to it to bump it onto recent posts for you. Enjoy!

Do you have animals who could enjoy these? It would add excellent nutrition to chicken or other poultry eggs!

As for using up THAT much, I am probably being really obvious here, but I bake up loads at a time (roasting the seeds separately) and freeze them in 1-, 2-, and 4-cup containers, which is pretty much what most recipes call for. I just put 24 cups in the freezer last night. Any squash or pumpkin that is starting to go bad immediately gets cut up, baked, pureed and frozen. The rest I save for use later in fall/winter.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Very cool, found some great ones on the links...lol can't believe I missed the thread already going on squash, sorry!!! Appreciate the links all!!

Latest posts