BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
the ultrasonic bark stoppers often work for a few days, then the dogs get used ot the sound and it doesnt bother them anymore (ive tried a number of them)

my suggestion, check your town ordinances for noise and call the cops EVERY time you hear them.

i hate inconsiderate people who seem to be mmune to their dogs barking (or have soundproofed homes) stick the dogs outside and let everyone else in the area have to deal with it...*ugh*
I have to agree with pinkfox once again. If your neighbors are your friends at all I'd give them ONE warning that the dogs were extremely disruptive. After that, call the police. You can ask them not to tell them who called, I'm sure if it was that loud you were not the only one disturbed.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We carried those in our store and every last one was returned. So no, they don't work lol. I always tell the dog owners themselves to BUY A BARK COLLAR! There's 3 options; puff of air, puff of citronella or shock. Except I never recommend them for tiny dogs like toy yorkies & chihuahuas, they are wired differently in the brain and it wouldn't work.

Call the police. We were out of state one time, my dog barked all day. Instead of contacting the neighbor who was watching the house (he worked all day) we got police & HS notices. My dog NEVER barked, buttholes. Same neighbors who hate my chickens, hate the new (silent) dog, hate us, etc.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am in the county, not city. Getting animal control to do anything is almost impossible.

So far the plan is 1) leave a note explaining the dogs bark all night. 2) call the cops if it continues.

I know the county is hurting for money. They could cover the budget shortfall by driving around at night and handing out barking dog tickets. Heck, there would be a surplus in a week!!!

The biggest issue is our bedroom is at the back. Her bedroom is at the front. Her dogs are in the back and closer to my window than her own.

Gazinga

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
well the red rider BB gun is a quite effective training tool! not that i have ever used this method (wink wink) cuz its usualy illegal, but if i HAD used this method many times, i would say it was a very effective method. Red riders wont break the skin and just gives a good sting......

bark - pop - stop
bark - pop - stop

after a while no more bark

Andy J

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Whenever the dogs bark,call your neighbor and say"did you know that something is bothering your dogs"?

This has worked well for me,especially between 1am and 4am.It really doesn't matter what time it is,just do it consistently.

If you don't get results,soak the dogs with a water hose,if you can reach them.This is particularly effective in the dead of winter.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i wouldnt soak the dogs with a hose, (a quick spray mabe) but its not THEIr fault they are annoying, its the idiot owner who is responisble...

i do however like the idea of calling them every time the dogs bark. :p

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
How about a shock collar for the neighbor? Every time the dog barks he gets a shock......