BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Went over to put the note on the door and it was open. I knocked and a person not the neighbor answered. It was a house sitter. As she is in the house taking care of stuff, the dogs are barking like freaking crazy. There is no way she can't hear the dogs. She is just ignoring them.

I explained that I haven't slept in 2 nights because of the barking....like they are doing right now....but they also do it at 3am?!?! :rolleyes:

I guess she was supposed to be putting them in the garage and saw nothing wrong with leaving them out instead.

So at least tonight they are in the garage and I can't hear them. Whheewww!!!

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The only thing that seems to faze pitt's are bark collars, training collars (spikey things on the inside of collar) or an owner who trains them properly.

Many of the medium to larger breeds (such as pits, dobies, sheps etc) are immune to a lot of deterrents that would take down a smaller dog. Pepper spray, sonic anti - bark deterrents etc

My pup likes a lil pepper with his kibble :hide

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's my dogs' job to deter and protect. One of the tools they use for that is barking. When I hear it, I know they are doing their job.

But I still feel for those of you it bothers.

txhomegrown

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Dogs barking all night bother me too. But I can't help thinking, about a situation where a cop might really be needed somewhere for some life or death kind of situation, but they are busy handling a B.S dog complaint.

I can hear it now:

"Sorry lady, your husband is dead. But you will be happy to know that the dogs have stopped barking, and everyone is sound asleep now."

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think of it as the cops preventing a homicide - keeping someone from killing their neighbor whose dogs have driven them bat*** crazy.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Out here the police don't handle barking dog complaints, the humane society does.

As for noise complaints in general, that IS a police job. Those can start off as something fairly tame and easily get out of control. Besides, last time I checked those radio thingies in their cars tell them when to bypass a noise complaint and go to the murder scenes.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Besides, last time I checked those radio thingies in their cars tell them when to bypass a noise complaint and go to the murder scenes.
aint that right.

we called in a noise complaint when our Bad Neighbors were leaving their radio on loudly in their yard for a week straight. sure we could have gotten all Hatfield-McCoy on them but that might have ended with a homicide... as CurlyKate said. the cops shut them down and they have been as quiet as field mice.

but what i really want to know is... so.. were them dogs quiet? do we know when the neighbors will be back?

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I think she is coming back tonight, and no, I could not hear the dogs. Of course, one of the coturnix quail roos decided to crow for no reason last night, but I would much rather hear Romeo and Dwayne try to out crow each other to impress the ladies than listen to snarly, barking dogs that sound like they are trying to rip each other's throats out. First of all, the quail aren't nearly as loud, and second, they don't go on and on and on for 4 hours at a time :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i can see it now.

"hey lady - shut your stupid quail up right now or i'm calling the cops!"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
;-)