Basic Muffins

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Savory...ham & cheese etc. Yeah, you have the idea.

I had one recipe a long time ago that was Peanut Butter & Jelly muffins. Kids hated them, I thought they were cute.

I have some leftover chicken taco meat...I am thinking some cornbread muffin base with a can of creamed corn and the chicken with some shredded cheese might be a yummy lunch type muffin.

Anyother ideas out there?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
mtn--your lack of a W is cracking me up :)

I do like you, too, to save energy and then have this obscene pile of baked goods on the counter! We're left agonizing over which yummy, freshly baked treat to eat first and which to eat once it's a day or more older ;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
mtn--your lack of a W is cracking me up :)

I do like you, too, to save energy and then have this obscene pile of baked goods on the counter! We're left agonizing over which yummy, freshly baked treat to eat first and which to eat once it's a day or more older ;)
I haven't had luch yet--too many baked goods to snack on. Back to atching hat I eat tomorro.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks m_tn for the ww recipe and to everyone else for the great recipes you took the time to look up and post.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to post before, if you are adding fruit I have heard that you should add your wet fruits to the dry ingredients before adding the liquids to coat them with the mixture & it helps to prevent air pockets in the muffins. Plus you don't have to worry about over mixing once you put in the liquids.
I think the pumpkin could be easily added to my recipe in 1/2 -3/4 cup measurement & I would add a few more spices to the mix also, like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice any or all of the above :love

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks all for the recipes
basic muffins here we come...LOL
Tony should be in heaven!

Does the baking dish make a difference?

I have, 2 OLD aluminum disposable muffin/cupcake pans that I keep washing and using for years....yup. haven't thrown them out. they work fine.

But should I go get 2 good muff/cup pans and just bite the bullet. Will it make a better muffin for some reason???

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
thanks all for the recipes
basic muffins here we come...LOL
Tony should be in heaven!

Does the baking dish make a difference?

I have, 2 OLD aluminum disposable muffin/cupcake pans that I keep washing and using for years....yup. haven't thrown them out. they work fine.

But should I go get 2 good muff/cup pans and just bite the bullet. Will it make a better muffin for some reason???
I have O-L-D muffin tins too, but what I do (hey--the w works again--Ha! wwwwwwww...) what i do is use re-usable silcone muffin cups in the muffin tins. I bought the silicone muffin cups at the dollar store. they work great and you just wash them afterwards. A bit of pain to wash, but it makes life so much simpler. I believe they were 6 for a dollar.

Latest posts