Baymule's Pigs 2017-2018

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Can you send me just one pork chop? Man I love a pork chop sandwich now. I can only imagine what it would taste like from a home raised porker.

Haven't got the meat back yet, but I'll sure fry up a pack of pork chops, take a picture and tag you! :lol: But I do have packages of loin from the Red Wattle I slaughtered in June....

Baymule you make me want pigs so bad!

Just make sure that you are set up for them. I have a tendency to do everything bassackwards. I get animals, then figure out what to do with them--but NOT pigs! I posted these pigs on BYH and Simple Terrier posted pics of his pig pen, so I am posting the link so you can see his set up. When I grow up, I want a pig pen, feeder, waterer and loading chute like his!

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/baymules-pigs-2017-2018.36803/page-5

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Idk. The spot I would want to put a pig pen isn't trailer accessible.

How hard are they to halter brake?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What do you need the trailer for, getting them to the butcher? We don't have a permanent pig pen, we have hog panels we can move regularly. Our pigs are used to being moved around. You can certainly train them to follow grain. Or electric fence train them and you can move them to where you can get a trailer.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Idk. The spot I would want to put a pig pen isn't trailer accessible.

How hard are they to halter brake?

Halter break? That would be like putting a halter on a speeding bull dozer.... don't think so! But you could put up a temporary chute with cow panels to where ever you could back the trailer up to. We built one to load up our lambs when we took them to slaughter. Cow panels are great to have around. You can also build a portable cage with handles and no bottom. Drop it over the pig and with 2 people, "walk" the pig to where you want it. You could use a hog panel, cut it to size desired, make a wood frame, staple the hog panel pieces to it and ta-da! you have a easy way to move a pig.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked up meat today. I fried a package of pork chops from the boar. NO boar taint. The meat is marbled with fat and melt in our mouths TENDER. Husband is raving between mouthfuls. Best pork chops he's ever had! Supper is two pork chops each and a salad. Two chops covered the plate. I am happily stuffed. Soooooo darn good!
@CrealCritter

IMG_2208.JPG

Latest posts