Baymule's Pigs 2018 HEREFORDS!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Porcine Palace would be a good name too. I think I should get chickens and call my place the Chicken Bacon Ranch like the Subway sandwich except still alive...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a funny story. Our son came in for the Easter holiday, his job shut down for a week. It's been nice to have him here, relaxed and not having to hurry back to work or on his way to a job.

We kept the two little grand daughters, age 18 months and 3 years old for the weekend. My son took the 3 year old for a walk, she wanted to go see the pigs.

DS "You want to go see Bacon and Pork Chop?"
#2 "Their names are Piper and Poodle."
DS "No, they are named Bacon and Pork Chop."
#2 "That's not their name, they are Piper and Poodle."
DS "No, they're Bacon and Pork Chop."
#2 "Piper and Poodle."
DS "Bacon and Pork Chop."
#2 "That's what they'll be when they DIE. Right NOW they are Piper and Poodle."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
They are lovely looking animals! Are you going to breed with them Baymule?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not going to be a pig breeder, only want to raise feeder pigs. It’s too easy to just go buy a couple rather than feeding and caring for breeding stock.

I saw a 700 pound boar on Craigslist last night for $200 and a 400 pound sow for $150. The deals are out there for someone wanting to stock their freezer. Feed them good for 30-60 days, clean them up and slaughter. If nothing else, form hogs that big, make bacon and sausage. But we just got pigs, so I gave it a pass. @Chic Rustler do you have a pig pen built? That much meat would have you running to buy another freezer! LOL

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've come to the same conclusion. We wanted to get some AGH breeding stock... Then we started thinking about all the pig breeders near us... And the ones that will sell us piglets for crazy cheap... Some will even give you a piglet if you help castrate a litter, etc. We would lose money breeding pigs, then you have to deal with losses, and burnt out old sows, and people coming to your house nickel and diming you. No thanks.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hope you got extra cake after all that! And some more for DH for his birthday. Happy birthday to him :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We don't feel like heroes. We just couldn't stand there and do nothing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @CrealCritter for that information. We were unharmed by cutting the poles and now knowing that, we will definitely be careful with them. We have more projects......LOL