Be thankful for what you have.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
The other day, as I was setting up the Christmas tree, I needed hubby to help me move my sofa table. I have an old, 19" TV on it. As we were moving the table, we noticed that the TV marked the wall. Hubby says--It marked the wall- big old bulky TV (he wants a flat screen--he always wants something--I just want out of debt)

I said to him--Can't you just be thankful for what we have? At least we have a TV to put in here. He paused a bit, and said--yeah, we should be thankful for everything that we have.

I think for hubby (you remember--the guy who wants a plane?), this is something that I need to remind him of every now and again.

I also think that there are alot of people out there who need to remember to be thankful for what you have. Are you thankful?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well said
very thankful indeed
I get ashamed when I think I don't have, I want, I desire....dreaming is one thing, having is another. What I have is more than others.....very thankful!

Hubbys I swear think different than us, Tony is the same. He wants, desires, he buys. Simple as that. I don't know how to cope with that thinking, I just let it happen..LOL

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yep, I am very thankful. I am not a wanter or a shopper. I am a make do-er :)

DH on the other hand is a wanter. Someday he is going to see the brilliance in my thinking!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Definitely, positively. I need to remind my husband sometimes, too, of how incredibly blessed we are!

angie68

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think this is the world's biggest issue, "contentment". Everyone always wants the latest and greatest item! Why, because everyone else has it......we have forgotten the difference between need and want!:(

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Most days I remember.

But like everyone else I get caught up in the dreams and/or the fears of the road ahead.

I agree that men think differently. I guess they need us around to remind them of how good they have it.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Most days I remember.

But like everyone else I get caught up in the dreams and/or the fears of the road ahead.

I agree that men think differently. I guess they need us around to remind them of how good they have it.
We do.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Everytime I go outside and see the tall trees against the sky or birds or wild animals or the farm animals, I think that I have what I really want and say thanks. I may want other things but what I want most is already here.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hey Dac - was that suppose to be a question? :lol:

I have to say that my Hubby does not think like that at all. Like me he is a scrounger and a make do person. He actually spends less money than I do. And I am not a shopper or a spender. We are both content and always feel like we have an abundance of things to be thankful for. I think that comes from him raising 3 boys alone, building this house from the ground up after work with no help and very little money and when it was finished it was paid for. Mine comes from being a single mom for years raising 2 kids and working 2 jobs to do it, and still not having any money. I guess we just kind of got use to not having money to spend. So now every thing seems so easy and like a blessing.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
We think differently and we need you to remind us of how good we have it.

:love for my wife.

Latest posts