Beautiful Moon Tonight? (3/19)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Geez people don't take the fun out of a full pretty wonderful moon :lol:

I love a big full moon and the brightness from it. I believe NASA, I like NASA! :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
For me, 14% larger and 30% more brighter than a full moon at the other end of the cycle is not an infinitesimal percentage. No big change from last night, correct, but in the long-term perspective it is something of note.
I guess I was not clear.

The point is that most moons are IN BETWEEN those two points, so this really varies very little from MOST of the full moons that you see any ol' year.

I mean, by all means go look at the moon if you want, it just ins't going to look noticeably different from a large number of OTHER full moons that you've seen. Plus which anyone who's over 18 has seen this before :)

Have fun,

Pat

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have seen hundreds of perfect spring days in my lifetime but that doesn't stop me from finding the magic in each one.

I guess it is just a matter of your approach to life.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I for one will be out there "moon gazeing" I LOVE a full moon! AAAaawwwwooooooooooO!!!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
buzz kill post
aint that the truth? :lol:

Isn't the difference that this time if falls on a full moon as well?

Anyway, you better bet your bottom dollar that my 14 year old and I are going to be camped outside on the back deck with wool blankets and snacks gazing at this awesome full moon. I hope she will remember tonight for the next 18 years, if not for the rest of her life.

My father always had us kiddos outside on a quilt gazing at the stars and planets...those were special times I will always cherish. Usually there was nothing special going on up there either, but it didn't matter.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love star gazing also. always fascinated with the night sky
seems just so BIG and out of reach lol

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
What an awesome sight tonight! :cool:

The "better" camera decided to stop working this morning, and the "so-so" camera didn't do the scene justice.

The sky conditions were perfect. I hope it is a good view for you tonight, too!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
buzz kill post
aint that the truth? :lol:

Isn't the difference that this time if falls on a full moon as well?

Anyway, you better bet your bottom dollar that my 14 year old and I are going to be camped outside on the back deck with wool blankets and snacks gazing at this awesome full moon. I hope she will remember tonight for the next 18 years, if not for the rest of her life.

My father always had us kiddos outside on a quilt gazing at the stars and planets...those were special times I will always cherish. Usually there was nothing special going on up there either, but it didn't matter.
:thumbsup

We're kinda known in our kids friend circles as the cool parents that have "meteor shower campouts" in August. Or let them see Jupiter's moons in the telescope. Or ... well, you get it. :lol:

We had partly cloudy skies when Space Shuttle Discovery had just undocked from the ISS and got just a short view as they passed overhead in tandem this past (last) time. That was another "you might not see that again" moment. :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
If anyone has a decent picture, I'd love to see it!