Bebop ~

Bebop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
01. Name? Jess, Jessi, Jessica
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? I've only been to Disneyland
04. What is your favorite color? Green..or red..or orange..purple?
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? Anything minty
06. How much do you weigh? 130, but it keeps dropping.
07. How tall are you? 5'3"
08. Can you swim? yes
09. Do you like to swim? mhmm
10. Living arrangement? living with parents in law right now
11. What's on your mouse pad? it has my brother in law and nephew on it
12. Favorite board game? probably scrabble
13. Favorite magazine? hmm. Giant Robot, Organic Gardening, Mother Earth News
14. Favorite Actor? Well... it was Heath Ledger.. I'm not too sure now..
15. Favorite Actress? Natalie Portman sometimes
16. Do you have an accent? I'm not sure..
17. Favorite smells? mint
18. Least favorite smells? nasty ca ca poo
19. Favorite sound? bamboo
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? hard to say.. oceans can be cold and salty...but better than chlorine..
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? I watch Heroes
22. Pencil or pen? pencil, but I usually use a pen.. does that make sense?
23. Who's better - boys or girls? girls definitely
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? I would like to own a Vespa
25. Do you sing in the shower? yes sometimes
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Goofy of course
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? about what I dreamt about
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? 2-3
29. How do you want to die? I'm not too sure. Most likely I won't even know it. I guess I would want to die doing something I love.
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? nope
31. Gold or silver? silver
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? yes
33. Do you like dressing up? sometimes
34. Would you rather be short or tall? I guess whatever height I am right now
35. Do you enjoy reading? yes, very much
36. What book are you reading now? mostly gardening and animal husbandry
37. Favorite books? anything by piers anthony or non-fiction
38. What was the last movie you saw? southland tales
39. Favorite movies? Across the Universe
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? I had a penguin, a rhino, a big chick my dad got me for easter once, a panda, other stuff..
41. What is your sign? Aries
42. What are your personality traits? I'm supposed to be impatient, but patient at the same time, self confident, and some other stuff.
43. What's your biggest fear? squishing bugs? sharp objects being pointed at me
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? No
45. Future child's name?
46. Favorite foods? Filipino, Mexican
47. Chocolate or vanilla? chocolate
48. Do you like to drive fast? My dad says I do
49. Storms - cool or scary? sometimes cool sometimes scary
50. Do you like to dance? a little bit
51. Do you do drugs? uh...
52. Do you smoke? yes
53. What do you think of people who smoke? I don't know
54. Do you drink? yes
55. Favorite drink? bloody mary
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? I'm not sure
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? who doesn't?
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? vet/zoologist/botonist
59. What's your "type"?
60. Do you bite your nails? not anymore
61. Any siblings? an older brother and a younger brother
62. What movies have you cried in? Across the Universe
63. Do you believe in God? I believe in a higher power that I'm sometimes afraid of it being me.
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? yeah i have before
65. Have you ever stolen anything? i think like change from my kitchen counter? but it wasn't anyone's..
66. Do you procrastinate? yes
67. Do you believe in fate? yes
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? probably that elephant or the count.
69. Do you organize your CD's? no
70. What is your favorite kind of music? hippie stuff.
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? the beatles
72. What was the last CD you got? the beatles
73. MTV or VH1? ugh
74. Who do you admire the most?
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? NO
76. Are you single?no
77. Favorite TV show? Heroes
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? uh...
79. Glasses or contacts? i wear glasses
80. What color are your eyes? brown
81. What is your natural hair color? black
82. But what color is it now? natural
83. Have you ever been in love? yes
84. Any pets? sugar gliders and chickens, and a guinea
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? I actually had awesome grades until I got a boyfriend.
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? how about what's in the glass? doesn't anyone care about the contents? has it gone bad?
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? what?
88. What's under your bed? i sleep on a futon mattress, but sometimes there's papers and stuff under there..
89. What is your favorite number? 3016 is pretty sexy
90. Favorite sport to watch? soccer, volleyball, tennis

Bebop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Here goes for my first official entry..
I'm pretty much the worst chickener ever.. I probably should have waited until spring or had my own place to get them.
I'm pretty impatient though.
First, the hatching eggs I bought never hatched, so the person hatching them for me gave me some chickens and guineas..
I could have sworn I got everything right for them, but I should have really made sure that they were warm.. and separate the bigger birds from the smaller ones.. and guineas are a little more agressive.. and they probably didn't have enough room..
7 chickens and 4 guineas now 4 chickens and 1 guinea... ugh
I'm pretty sad right now..
I'm going to organize my seeds..

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ahh Bebop, don't worry, you will catch on. It is all trial and error at the beginning, and even later on:>) If you try and fail, then simply try again. After all...I had three kids and totally messed up on the first two, but the third one's a charm:>) :hugs

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Like Morel says. It is trial and error. Not to worry. We live and learn. Even at my age (which is very old) I make major mistakes just because I think "aww, they will be alright". Lost a baby chick a few weeks ago because DH left the door cracked. So all in all it comes down to survival of the fittest or the ones dumb enough not to find the open gate.

Bebop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging words.
Everything just seems so hard right now and I feel like I can't get anything right.

Bebop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So, I've been researching aquafarming, and it looks pretty easy~!
Here's what I posted on my other blog about it:

Okay, I've been reading a lot into this..I used to actually want to do this when I was younger, and it's actually a lot easier than I originally thought.

One Acre Farm - Where I originally got the info.
S & S Aqua Farm - A website with an overview of what they do and how they do it.
There are actually a ton of websites on this, but I haven't seen too much interest in it on the homesteading forums I've been to. Many of these websites and some posts I've seen were pre-2000s with an exception of One Acre Farm's blog post.

S & S currently grows tilapia, a fish native to African and Middle Eastern waters, and uses their waste to feed their vegetables and herbs. They feed commercial food, but other websites state that you can feed worms. You can find many websites on vermiculture so you can grow your own food for them. S & S says on their website that the Feed Coversion Rate is excellent for tilapia which is 1 pound of feed yielding 1 pound of fish.

Tilapia has become a very popular fish, although there has been some recent contraversy that questions the health benefits the fish provides, it has been farmed for food for more than 2000 years in Africa and the Middle East. Many say that it is the fish from the Bible. I think the reason why they may not be as healthy as we may want them to be, is what most the bigger farms feed them; cheap food equals fattier, not so healthy meats. Most commercials foods that are fed to the fish have concentrated amounts of animal by-products, which are converted into unheathly fatty acids. They are omnivores, so they need to be provided with 75% plant food and 25% animal products. Perhaps there are also alternative food for them and it probably also comes in organic (haha sounds like a flavor)!

Their housing seems simple enough also, they just need to be kept warm because they're warm water fish. It really depends on how many you want to raise, but a 1000 gallon Plexiglass tank or a poly tank (there is a brand called PolyTank) seems to be the minimum, and I'm not sure yet how many fish that would support.

I'll read more into it because S & S even has a section on how they grow their plants using the waste from this fish. I'm going to email them for more info.
I hope more people get into this, it doesn't seem to take up much room and imagine just being able to take a net and gather dinner!

Latest posts