Bee~ Journal of then...

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, Bee! Thanks for sharing all that you do here!
I am glad you had a wonderful family gathering, that means the world!
:hugs

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sooooo glad for you!!! And for your brothers ex!! Maybe the children or she can convert him next! Remember your get together and treasure it!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
More things have happened along that line since I wrote about our Christmas get together....I believe God is working a miracle in my family. One for which I have prayed for many years....I guess all things happen in His time and there is no expiration date on prayers, are there? :D

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
All things always happen in His time, Bee! LOL That is the most painful lesson of all sometimes.
I am SO thrilled for you and your family though!!!!

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Love to hear that God is working miracle's in your family. It seems sometime the long wait is just well worth it :)
Bambi

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hadn't posted on here for awhile but found some great pics of the homesteading days and thought I'd put them on the journal. The pics are pretty low quality, due to the cheap cameras of those days in the late 70s.

With the miracle of the high speed I now have at my disposal, I've been having great fun getting these pics uploaded to the forum. I still can't believe a pic can upload in fractions of a second when it used to take me up to an hour for some pics on dial up.

The first is a pic of my dad and brother starting our very first cabin. Neither of these men had ever built a house but had basic constructions skills like many of us have....how to use a level, how to use a measuring tape, how to use a chainsaw or notch a log with an axe.

5_dad_and_josh.jpg

The first cabin needed to be put up quickly before winter and many mistakes were made....like using this type of pine, using this size logs, leaving on the bark, etc. But homesteading is like that...a learn as you go sort of thing.

5_dad_and_josh_first_logs.jpg

When we first bought this tract of land, it had no houses or barns but had numerous junk cars, thick brush higher than our heads, snakes and thousands upon thousands of old tires. Back then you could still burn tires, so we used them to burn the brush piles we had made while clearing the land. We used brush hooks, chainsaw, axe, pitchforks to clear this land. If you'll notice the large pink rollers in my sister's hair...it was the only way we had to straighten frizzy, curly hair back then.

5_tires_tires_tires.jpg

Our first and only milk cow...a ratty Holstein cross with a new calf. Her name was Lady, which was the biggest joke of all. She was sweet as honey as long as you weren't milking her...then she turned into wildcat that had to be hogtied on all movable parts to obtain the milk. Hence Dad's unnatural milking stance...one eye on the wicked beast while he tries to wring some milk from her! :p Dad was no farmer..... :rolleyes:

5_lady_milking.jpg