Beef Cuts Chart and Recipe

Farmer31

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Did you know that beef is divided into sections called primal cuts? From these large areas, the meat cutter makes smaller portions suitable for individual or family-sized packaging. Different cuts of beef require unique cooking methods. A chuck, for example, makes an excellent roast but isn't as pleasing when pan-broiled. With these details in mind, we have prepared the following information for you to use as a guide when selecting and preparing Certified Angus Beef cuts.

t56793.gif

Details

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's definitely what we're used to seeing here! Years ago, friends hosted a Laos family who later gave them a huge cut of beef. Our friends had no clue what it was (other than beef) as it wasn't cut in a way they could identify. :lol:

Thanks for posting.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this poster hung in my friends custom slaughter biz since they opened. every time I got my hog, I would see this poster. I definitely know the cuts and where they came from and if in question, I could call Kevin and ask him LOL

Farmer31

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
this poster hung in my friends custom slaughter biz since they opened. every time I got my hog, I would see this poster. I definitely know the cuts and where they came from and if in question, I could call Kevin and ask him LOL
Hogs and Ox have different cuts

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Farmer31

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I can't believe you posted this TODAY. I was thinking about this in the shower this morning (yes, I know that's kinda weird but that's where I do a lot of my thinking. Sometimes it's the only time I have to myself :p ), but anyway, we have been talking about getting a side of beef and I was wondering much of each cut we would get out of it and where each cut comes from and so on. This is helpful. Thanks.