Beef Recall

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Again?!?!?

Good thing I sprung for the grass fed beef last time I went shopping. I cringe when I see the price tag, but not having to worry about this nonsense takes some of the pain away :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I love my wild and home grown meat! We remain unaffected as usual :p

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well all I can say is it's a good thing I haven't been able to afford the prices of ground beef in a while (except the one trip to Mexican market). Ive been eating out of the freezer for months. Course, that meat could have been recalled and I missed it ... Sigh.

Was looking at price sheets from a farm very near me. Ground beef is over $5 a pound.

Then again Jersey bull calves are going as cheap as $35 and Aldi sells milk for a dollar a gallon. But the gas to get to Aldi is almost as much as the calf.

I'm going to live on rabbit this year, I think. :D

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
*sigh* guess its time to start buying locally, although that's going to hurt!
but, hurt less than a trip to the hospital!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
This pleases me very much, when I see the GOOD beef in my freezer.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
Well all I can say is it's a good thing I haven't been able to afford the prices of ground beef in a while (except the one trip to Mexican market). Ive been eating out of the freezer for months. Course, that meat could have been recalled and I missed it ... Sigh.

Was looking at price sheets from a farm very near me. Ground beef is over $5 a pound.

Then again Jersey bull calves are going as cheap as $35 and Aldi sells milk for a dollar a gallon. But the gas to get to Aldi is almost as much as the calf.

I'm going to live on rabbit this year, I think. :D
You know, raising a bull calf over the summer is not all that bad. We did it growing up a couple of times. Butchered in the late fall, and we got a good amount of meat off of them. Cost was quite minimal over all.