Been lurking for a while.......

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Going to try to participate more. I have always been into the self sufficient life style. Ex wife thought I was nuts, till she took most of my stockpile. Gf thinks I am a bit strange at times, but she is willing to put up with my ideas. I think she is starting to see my way of thinking. The 125 to 150 a month grocery bills, and eating well is fine with her. I have learned things here, and need to see if I can teach a few things myself.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's a good place for learning and for teaching. Glad you decided to delurk. :welcome

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I got "delurked" and started posting awhile back....its fun! Everyone is pretty nice here. Start a journal so we can see your happenings. :welcome

wooddustmaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses so far. I will have to think about the journal thing. Seems like that would be one more thing to do. Have big plans for this spring. Haven't had a garden for several years, but it is very high on the list of things to do this year. Have some laying hens, but would like to raise some meat chickens. Trying to decide if buying a bottle calf, or a grass calf would be the way to go or not. Would love to put a pig in the freezer as well. Big plans, we will see how many of them happen this year.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Just think of a journal as having a front porch where your friends can gather. Some of us don't post regularly, but at least that gives us a place to go when we need to find you. Welcome to Sufficient Self! :frow

By your title you sound like a wood worker. Is that true? If so what do you build?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome And, if you are a woodworker, and want to practice on some stuff, I'm sure most of us would be more than willing to let you come for a visit, and make something. :D

Latest posts