Benefits of cinnamon and honey

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Found this on another forum, so thought I'd share here.

1) HEART DISEASES: Apply honey and cinnamon powder on bread instead of using jam or butter and eat it regularly for breakfast.

2) ARTHRITIS: Apply a paste made of the two ingredients on the affected part of the body and massage slowly.

3) HAIR LOSS: Apply a paste of hot olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, a teaspoon of cinnamon powder before bath, leave it for 15 min and wash.

4) BLADDER INFECTIONS: Mix cinnamon powder and honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink.

5) TOOTHACHE: Apply a paste of cinnamon powder and honey and on the aching tooth.

6) CHOLESTEROL: Add honey to cinnamon powder mixed in boiled water or green tea and drink.

7) COLDS: Make a glass of lukewarm honey water mixed with cinnamon powder to help boost your immune system during the cold season. It may also help to clear your sinuses.

8) INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on a spoonful of honey taken before food relieves acidity.

9) LONGEVITY: Regularly take tea made with honey and a little cinnamon powder.

10) PIMPLES: Mix honey with cinnamon powder and apply paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash away the next morning.

11) OBESITY: To reduce weight, daily drink a mixture of a teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder boiled in water with an empty stomach in the morning about half an hour before breakfast

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Some of those are interesting, but I can't understand how they'd work....like the hair loss one.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I wondered about that one as well, but since I'm not losing my hair, I'm not about to try that one!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Then again, maybe it would make my hair nice and thick. :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey, any reason to eat honey works for me! ('Cept, I'm not real keen on rubbing it on body parts....I HATE to be sticky!)

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I read this list on somebody's blog and tried the honey/water/cinnamon :sick I really don't like sweet drinks, so it grossed me out :hu Maybe I'll try it with tea - I like Russian tea, so maybe I could just add a little honey to that?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
My son came across the one for hair earlier, but refuses to try it. So, he shaved his head! I think I'd rather try this first!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Real cinnamon or what passes for it here in the USA? cassia? and for honey I have personally used it for clearing up a bad case of athletes feet(foot ?) you just wash your feet in nice hot hot hot as you can stand water and then smear a nice coat of icky sticky honey on your tootsies and put on a clean pair of socks to sleep in. only took about a week and the ick went away. Oh you can wash in the morning.
I wore cheap rip off burks to work after that for the rest of the summer while I watered the plants. seems the wet shoes was most of the problem.
Real cinnamon is supposed to be much better for you than the cassia type. it is more expensive tho.. :(