Berkey water filter - as good as they claim?

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, i think i nailed a good score at a local estate sale last week.:) After reading up on it, on a google search, seems the AquaRain model 200 gravity water filter i bought brand new in the box for 20 bucks was an excellent buy.I guess the young'en selling the item didn't know it's value, maybe he did and just wanted cash. I figured , oh well , he's happy, me happy...:)
It came with 6 ceramic/carbin filter...Wow...! Only needs two, buyer bought 4 extra filters...nice.Readinbg online say's it does a better job then the famed Berkley filters, don't know if that includes the Berkley ..black filters..In any case, i know i got a great deal and hapy about that...! Talking about great deals, does anyone have a link to any website that has replacement filters for the AquaRain 200, not that i need them at the moment...:)

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
R2D2 said:
Well, i think i nailed a good score at a local estate sale last week.:) After reading up on it, on a google search, seems the AquaRain model 200 gravity water filter i bought brand new in the box for 20 bucks was an excellent buy.I guess the young'en selling the item didn't know it's value, maybe he did and just wanted cash. I figured , oh well , he's happy, me happy...:)
It came with 6 ceramic/carbin filter...Wow...! Only needs two, buyer bought 4 extra filters...nice.Readinbg online say's it does a better job then the famed Berkley filters, don't know if that includes the Berkley ..black filters..In any case, i know i got a great deal and hapy about that...! Talking about great deals, does anyone have a link to any website that has replacement filters for the AquaRain 200, not that i need them at the moment...:)
You can get replacement filters at the AquaRain site.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks AnnRaven, i guess i should have said just as good generic filters(to save money, but same good quality).Thanks again, i was a aware of their website..

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Doozerdoo1 said:
These are what we purchased , there amazing and look at the price!
http://shop.monolithic.com/products/just-water-complete-bucket-system
Unfortunately the filters are made in China and with all their poisonings they seem to do I am not sure I want them to eliminate the pathogens in possibly filthy drinking water. I know that sounds harsh but I try to find more trusted sources for this stuff. I ordered them and ended up selling them after seeing where they are made.

Latest posts