Bettacreek - New home? Plus a pic of some of the ladies here

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if they are selling that well, i dont see any reason NOT to raise your price on them.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess part of my problem is that I try to make everything based on what I'd pay. I have FINALLY come to the conclusion that I cannot market them to people like me anymore. It's pointless, really, because I started making soaps and stuff myself because I was too cheap to pay retail. So, why target customers who'd rather make their own and save every last penny? Might as well snub that thought and start marketing more for the middle class who would rather pay folks to make stuff for them. I realized that people were quite willing to pay the extra money to have a nicer packaged product. Maybe stuff won't sell quite as quickly, but it's more worth my time to sell them at a higher cost, because I can get more than fifty cents off of a transaction. Less time invested, less paypal fees, but still hopefully get the same income.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, several packages are finally ready to be shipped tomorrow. Bath bombs galore, plus some SLSa and some candles. Odd, out of everything I currently sell, I started out with soap, and here's the first full day of packages without a single bar of soap!
Tomorrow, Kiska (our six month old kitten) goes in to get spayed. She'll be MISERABLE. She's so needy that just being away from home, no contact and not being spoiled will be traumatic. The actual surgery and medications are going to be just the "icing on the cake" for the poor baby.

After dropping her off in the morning, I have 5 batches of soap to make, some brewery grain to pick up for the birds and whatever other odds and ends I typically do in a day, then back to get Miss Kiska from the vet. At some point in time, I still have to get more coconut oil to do another 5 batch round of soap. A friend is also going to be coming over sometime soon to go through the details of 100 candles for a fundraiser (I'll only be getting my costs back though).

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Will your name be on them? If so, it might get you some business down the road.

If Kiska's like every cat I've taken to get spayed, w/in just a short period of time they're back, getting into trouble! :lol:

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I feel like I should just let G pick her up from the vet. As I was pulling out to take her in, I ran over our turkey hen. She was like my favorite bird out of them all. I bled her out after she passed, but I have no heart to butcher her out. When we got back, two hawks flew away and now I cannot find my OEGB roo, who is another favorite bird. I brought his hen in the house with the baby silkie. Now they're both complaining about wearing diapers, but at least they're warm and safe. I just feel sick. I need to go back to bed for the rest of the week.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HUGS!

im prety certain eventually i going to run over the guineas, stuid birds like to chase the car!

hoping the roo with turn up and is just hiding safe somewhere.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I thought I lost one of mine. She showed up mid-afternoon. Maybe he'll show up too. :hugs

Latest posts