Big Ole Pot of Happy

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree. I'm also married to a man who can cook. I do the day to day meals for us to survive. He cooks the special meals that help us THRIVE! :drool
He's got a big ham in the oven already this morning!

@CrealCritter your soup looks wonderful! And I know it must have been a big blessing for your wife to be able to get up and have something already hot and simmering... I too could eat soup every day!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband cooked breakfast this morning! Bacon and eggs! I usually cook, he cleans up. He isn't a cook, but can do easy things. I am glad for what he does, it's nice to wake up to coffee, bacon and eggs!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finished goods... Took awhile to pressure can 2 batches @ 90 mins each after the pressure got up to 12+ But we got a few MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) in the pantry now.
IMG_20171209_115801952.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anyways I just pulled out a pint of ham beans from the pantry to heat up in the microwave. Man I sure do like all this home canned goodness :) I consider my self a blessed man.
IMG_20171209_142009309.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband cooked breakfast this morning! Bacon and eggs! I usually cook, he cleans up. He isn't a cook, but can do easy things. I am glad for what he does, it's nice to wake up to coffee, bacon and eggs!
Your husband sounds like a cool guy!

Sometimes I (rarely) cook breakfast. It's usually eggs, bacon, biscuits -n gravy (yes i know how to make biscuits -:lol) - sometimes it's pancakes.

But I must admit since I got a dear in the freezer, I'm craving deer steak omelets when I wake up in the morning. Cube some belly deer meat, add just a little seasoned salt, fry in butter. then beat two eggs in a glass, pour in the pan, add spinach, top with shredded cheddar, fold and cook until eggs are done on both sides - so freaking good!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He is a cool guy! He indulges me in my madness. Our son in law told him that he grabbed hold of a tornado. LOL LOL

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like that name 'A Big Ole Pot of Happy'. I love to make soups especially when cold weather sinks in. It was 18 degrees a couple of mornings ago and I made a pot of cheeseburger soup. It barely made it until lunch time. DH has been hinting about broccoli and cheese soup. I also need to make a giant pot of chili and try canning a few jars. My grandson always wants me to make potato soup. For many years our favorite has been taco soup unless it split pea soup. Nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm you on a cold day.