Big Ole Pot of Happy

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been 5 days since I canned this turkey soup. It's very interesting to me how it's separated in the jars. Looks like butter on top followed by fat, then meat, stuffing, veggies & saesoning on the bottom.

I made the soup with leftover stuffed turkey. I make stuffing with butter so that makes since why butter is on top.
IMG_20171213_113021700.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It still looks pretty good :)

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love that convenience after a hard day of work on a cold night.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Made a big pot of happy last night...the old standby, tater soup. LOVE a good, creamy, smoky tater soup~putting rendered chicken fat in it makes it unctuous and silky. Lately I've been using my canned chicken stock as the base of our tater soups and LOVE this change.

I need to make some fresh homemade bread to dip into it and it will be bliss.

Devonviolet

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
M-m-m-m! All that soup sure makes my mouth water! LOVE the title, "Big Ole Pot Of Happy! It's so perfect, 'cause a big bowl of hot soup on a cold Winter's day sure does make me happy!

We had a big bowl of goat soup for dinner last night. The day before DH had slow cooked a leg of goat in the crock pot all day, with onion, garlic, celery & carrots.

Last night he heated the broth, including the veggies. Then he used the immersion blender to incorporate the veggies into the broth, which thickened it somewhat. Then, he added salt & a couple Tbsp of Arrowroot to the broth, blended it again and reheated it, stirring until thickened a bit more, making it more like a stew.

Finally he added chunks of goat meat & served. OMG! It was amazing!!!

ETA: OOPS! I forgot a crucial ingredient in this yummy soup! DH also added 2 cups of cooked Black Beans, that I had saved in the freezer. That gave the soup a great flavor & texture.

Last edited: