Big QUAKE in the banking world

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is about international banking - not personal finance, per se... otherise I'd have posted in the Financial Management & Budgeting subforum.

Well, very many of us have felt for a long time that banking, at its upper levels, is extremely corrupt and manipulative. That theme is bursting forth in a story that's just breaking in the news and getting lots of attention.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/barclays-says-bob-diamond-quits-063504153.html

According to the Canadian national news sources that I got clued by this morning, the subject here pertains to manipulative 'insider' practices and policies that are known to have affected at least 10,000 regional and local banks and millions of individuals, businesses, communities, etc. One commentaor this morning said this connects with conditions and issues in Europe, the Americas, and theMiddle East.

It's worth having a look at this. This is considered, even by the mainstream media, to be a news blockbuster. A HUGE story about the world of finance. I know that many people will feel that the scandal doesn't actually take the public attention deeply enough into this whole topic, but...

I think the cork is out of the bottle, so to speak.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It SHOULD really get the attention it deserves, and turn the banking world on its ear, leading eventually to some changes in the way big banks do business. Unfortunately, I must be really jaded by now, but I fear it will hardly make a ripple. Two weeks down the road, it may well be back to "business as usual" for those huge financial entities.

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
baymule said:
I've been watching this for some time also.

http://www.thehealersjournal.com/2012/04/23/611-worldwide-banker-resignations/

The world's currencies are switching to Basel 3 compliance, including the US dollar, which is fiat money, backed by nothing. We are heading for a financial meltdown. Whether it will be a nuclear meltdown or a slow burn--
r
i think your on to something.. Imagine what happens when people realize this....................... Boy im so glad i found this forum....We can prepare and help others prepare