Big_White....Another Day In Paradise

Big_White

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well I reckon I'll start by answering some of those questions from the new and improved list.

I live in Cullman, Alabama in the good ole USA. The climate around here is what i would call mild, we have an awesome growing season, but we live in hill country of sorts so our winters get very cold, atleast they are short lived. I have several people i count in my immediate family. For brevity sake tho I have a mother, father, and brother. OH and a new born nephew :D the newest member to our very big family. And i am newly engaged :woot haha, to a beautiful girl that i have known for years.

How i would define self sufficiency? Thats a tough one, see i am only 19 and still have a lot to learn. Really to be truthful, I hope keeping this journal will help me, along with feedback from others, as to what self sufficiency really is and means. As far as my spare time would go, i would do many a long list of things. And my parents are my inspiration for everything, my mother and father both my elders by 40 years had me late in life. My mother especially lived a very hard life, all they have known is work, and they raised me so i would not be afraid to get dirty now and then, haha :) hard work never hurt nobody after all.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome
Hope you enjoy this forum and share your knowledge and gain some along the way

Oh and congrats on the engagement:)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
deb4o said:
:welcome
Hope you enjoy this forum and share your knowledge and gain some along the way

Oh and congrats on the engagement:)
Ditto to that. And, I hope your fiance is also not afraid to get dirty. It helps a ton.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh yes gettin dirty together can be such fun!:thumbsup

Now you all get your minds out of the gutter--of course I was talking about working outside,maybe in the garden. Or something like that

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My mind wasn't in the gutter! It was in the garden! :cool:

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Congrats!! You'll find lots of knowledge here, there are lots of smart people here! :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
:welcome to the journaling crowd!

I hope you enjoy Sufficent Self and all it has to offer!

bmiss

Power Conserver
Reaction score
some of my family used to work out of cullman..... it seems that place gets smacked up alot by tornados.