Bin Laden is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* OFG walks in, USA flag draped over her shoulders, waving a big foam "we're #1" finger, face painted in red white and blue, leading Vita the goat who is also painted in the US flag....and carrying a time zone converter chart, points *

yeah so since the middle east is about 9ish hours ahead of us and the prez made the announcement at 11pmish EST, "today" is kind of a big way to describe the timing.

as far as cremating someone and dumping them at sea - that really doesnt take too awfully long given the right tools. and what would they do with the body? hang if from a wall in NYC?

*thinks about plausibility of this..nods....*

and so far even the Paki's are acknowledging this happened... so why the conspiracy?

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/asia/south/Bin-Laden-Death-Stuns-Pakistan-121075424.html

as far as celebrations... i'm headed to one in the barnyard.

*hens in the background chanting, USA! USA! USA!*

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:woot

..OFG, you said it way better than I ever could...I might have to go paint my goat and find our party hats :D

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
*sings*

"Ding dong, the witch is dead, which old witch, the bin Laden witch! Ding dong, the wicked witch is deaaaad!!"

:woot :clap:ya

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Does anyone think that whether or not it's him, the timing is mostly about distraction? I mean, if you really consider...

Oh look! SQUIRREL!!! *chases*

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

The most interesting thing I have heard on the news about this so far is that the lead to this Mansion/Bunker was gathered 5 years ago from "advanced interrogation techniques" done at at Gitmo.

5 years ago?!?!?

And yeah, Pakistan is not our friend.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I find it prohibitively difficult to imagine that, as some seem to be suggesting, they have truly been ABLE to do this for months or years and yet have chosen to wait until it was politically convenient and *now* was the best time.

If nothing else, there were plenty of previous times when they would probably have much MORE preferred to be able to pull a bright glowy trick like that out of their hat. Yet didn't.

And frankly, given that it has taken them 10 years and quite a large number of failed tries to catch the dude, it is also hard for me to feature they wouldn't (again) go for it when they thought there was an opportunity.

Conspiracy theories can be spun about ANYthing if one has a mind to -- you know, the growth-line swirls on the wooden wainscoting in my bathroom appear to spell out letters, what might they stand for? World leaders CLAIM to be human (well actually they *don't* even claim it, they just don't mention their species affiliation, hmmm....), but how do we know they're not alien overlords? A few conspiracy theories are right. The extreme majority, not so much. <shrug>

I am not sure how much Bin Laden's death will change anything though. The people who were rooting for the things he stood for will be even more aggravated at the West now, but that was inevitable; the people on *both* sides who choose to believe it's all a hoax will believe it's all a hoax and nothing could possibly convince them otherwise, and THAT is inevitable too; and while Bin Laden may have been an exceptionally gifted organizer, there do appear to be a sufficient number of other reasonably-gifted organizers out there that I'm not sure how much his death will really add to general public safety in the West.

Life goes on.

JMHO,

Pat

Bourbon Red

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey - OFG - you suppose the guys stood there, looked and each other and asked," Hey, you think he's fakin' it?" buuwaahaahaahaa....

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
2 things from my heart:

#1 It is a good day and my hat is off to Seal Team 6.

#2 Pakistan can kiss my ass and I think we should give India as a sign of friendship 6 brand new stealth bombers.

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A) The murder of another human being is never a good thing
B) Osama's death does not make up for the deaths of all the civilians and soldiers since 9/11
C)The whole 'thing' (burial at sea?) seems really sketchy.
D) America cannot stand up with pride anymore, we don't follow our own rules, or act with integrity. We are not the 'good guys'.
E) I feel very sorry for Osama's family, just as I feel very sorry for everyone else who has lost a loved one to violence.

I am the wife of a 'war hero', and am proud of my soldier husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.