BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! New sweater larvae, as Pat calls them! LOL

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Oh Bee, thats so cute. Thanks for posting those pics.

I love that little face.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
No other lambs....just this one sweet boy! I am naming him Sweetwater Mo's Slow Moonshine....but more than likely we will be calling him Slo-Mo! :lol:

82_first_lamb_039.jpg

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Awww!

So... What are you going to do with the milky mama? She has two teats ya know.. One for the lamb and one for you?!

(MILK HER!)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, BB! Long time no see! :frow Well, my headgates are otherwise occupied right now but I hope to do a little milking when the fall lambs arrive.

Of course, I think my headgates will be blocked off then also...poor planning on my part! I'm thinking about building a loading chute/milking stand soon, but my headgates will be open for use in the spring. You'd have to see my setup to understand why that is.

I did an experimental milking of one teat to see just how easy or hard it would be....it will be hard unless one gets a rhythm and develops some good finger muscles...serious cramping will result.

Not like milking a goat where you can grasp a teat with a couple of fingers or more....these teats are tiny!!! :barnie

I let them out on grass today and they are lying in the orchard's cool grass....Slo-Mo has been exploring the grass and it seems to fascinate him.

Ugly Betty is mean to him....all the more reason to get rid of her! I'm growing weary of that sheep! :smack Black Betty was just very curious and had to sniff him all over.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
What a cutie!!! Congrats! :love Maybe hubby wouldn't notice if I snuck in a few lambs.....ya think???

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Bee, He is BEAUTIFULL!! I love the name.. Slo-Mo. Now, whats the plan for him? Keep or sell?

Latest posts