Birthday help?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
It sounds like your DH's love language is gift giving. So his way of showing you his love is buying you a gift that will make you happy and that you can enjoy. When you tell him something that he can 'actually give' you then that makes him happy!
It sounds like your love language is Acts of Service. You want him to get the fence done, you want to give the massage rather than pay for one....you want to do something for him and you want him to do something for you and that makes you feel happy.
It also sounds like his other love language is quality time...a little bit of just one on one you and him time....that is why he wants to go out just the two of you. Is your DH the type of guy who wants you out there while he is working on a project? Like planting trees...does he just want you out there?

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
It sounds like your DH's love language is gift giving. So his way of showing you his love is buying you a gift that will make you happy and that you can enjoy. When you tell him something that he can 'actually give' you then that makes him happy!
It sounds like your love language is Acts of Service. You want him to get the fence done, you want to give the massage rather than pay for one....you want to do something for him and you want him to do something for you and that makes you feel happy.
It also sounds like his other love language is quality time...a little bit of just one on one you and him time....that is why he wants to go out just the two of you. Is your DH the type of guy who wants you out there while he is working on a project? Like planting trees...does he just want you out there?
OMG, the nine languages. Right there, speak it woman, tell it like it is.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Any trees or palnts that you want that can be a pretty thing to look at & provide food for the family? that way it is there all the time to show his love for you, but it also meets the practical aspect you are loooking for in providing for the family too. Just a thought.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
roosmom said:
PamsPride said:
Ok wait I missed something here. Nine Languages? Is it a book? Do I NEED this book?

My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I answered a fence as well. Nothing wrong with being practical.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
roosmom said:
PamsPride said:
Ok wait I missed something here. Nine Languages? Is it a book? Do I NEED this book?

My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I answered a fence as well. Nothing wrong with being practical.
Yes, it is a book called the The Five Love Language
http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/
It really helps you relate and connect to your spouse and makes it easier to identify their needs and meet them...in turn making them more in love with you. Does that make sense?
If my hubby asks I am telling him a remote car starter...of course I already have one of those...also know as the 13 yo!! But, he is not always home.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Wouldn't just sitting down & having an honest conversation with your spouse do the same thing? I mean a one on one conversation where you listen to each other. Along with treating each other with respect. Instead of buying another book? And most of the time the so called "experts" have multipe failed realationships anyway.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
LOL no book needed here. We buy a jigsaw puzzle once a month or so...one of those thousand piece puzzles...and we put it together and talk about stuff while we are doing our puzzle. It has become our special time together.

Well, I know what I am getting for my birthday. It is neither practical or useful......and they have four legs....but I am not saying anymore until I know for sure that we are picking them up on Thursday........ :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ROTFL, My young newly married friend told me to read the book, so I brought it home. Hubby and I really enjoyed reading it together ;)

4 legged and plural, whoa. cant wait. :clap

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whatever massage giving, movie watching, 4-legged, puzzle you receive.........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ENJOY :)