Biting the bullet - cutting expenses

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Biting the bullet - cutting expenses.

The President ordered the cabinet to cut $100 million from the $3.5 trillion federal budget.

I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I usually spend about $3000 a month on gasoline, groceries, household expenses, utilities, etc., but it's time to get out the budget cutting ax, go through my expenses, and cut back like a true American.

I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio, 1/35,000 of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $3000 a month; I'm going to have to cut that number by almost nine cents. Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $2999.91 but that's what sacrifice is all about. I'll just have to do without some things that are, frankly, luxuries.

Did the president actually think no one would do the math? This example just confirms what a load of crapola Obama is giving us. As if people didn't already know.

ETA - I don't have a $3,000/mo. budget - it's just an example.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
You radical!!! Won't your family starve?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thats an awesome budget cut!

(sniffs the sarcasm from the air)

:)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hey boog, with all that savings, can you send me a quarter?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You'll shoot your eye out!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Boogity said:
Did the president actually think no one would do the math? This example just confirms what a load of crapola Obama is giving us. As if people didn't already know.
While I do think he's making some stupid decisions, that's the way the budget has been cut during most cuts over the last couple decades. *laughs*