black cohosh for hot flashes?

krstms

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I have a friend and coworker who is having a really tough time with hot flashes. I told her about black cohosh as my husband digs this herb and sells it and I've heard it helps with menopause symptoms. My question is have any of you taken it and if so did it help any with the hot flashes and other symptoms or is it not really helpful? I would appreciate any advice you can give me on this. Thanks.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been taking this for over a year on the recommendation of my doctor and it has helped with my pre- menopause symptoms.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I took it for about 6 months and it made my symptoms so much worse. but it worked for my mother. but that is the same as all different herbs. I take pedadolex for migraines and it works like magic for me.. others don't have as much luck..

DavidGomes

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
krstms said:
I have a friend and coworker who is having a really tough time with hot flashes. I told her about black cohosh as my husband digs this herb and sells it and I've heard it helps with menopause symptoms. My question is have any of you taken it and if so did it help any with the hot flashes and other symptoms or is it not really helpful? I would appreciate any advice you can give me on this. Thanks.
If you ladies are having typical menopause issues, you've got to have this Black Cohosh. Take 2 capsules every day - 1 at a time & with a meal. No more hot flashes....period! - Manufacturer Claim

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I tried it. didn't work at all.
and the taste WOW

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I tried it. It raised my liver enzymes to the point my rheumatologist got alarmed. Not taking it now, of course. I wish I could find something that works.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I also tried it for a couple months. It didn't seem to help me, either.
Cutting way back on coffee and other caffeine helped more than any 'natural' stuff I bought.

krstms

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for your advice. I will let her know what you all have said and let her choose for herself. You guys are very helpful!!!!