Blackberries--How do you use them?

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
I need to drag my poor scarred and scabbed body back into those nasy thorny patches a couple more times so I can use all your ideas :)
:lol:
I hear ya!!! I think that's why i didn't get quite as many this year. I whimped out. The critters beat me to most of 'em too.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
If anybody dares to question my prices at the farmer's market I occasionally take them to, I just drag out my bloody stumps from under the table, hitch up my skirt a bit and stick some leg in their face. That usually shuts them up (the reasons for which are about endless) ;)

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have them growing wild around here. I love to mix them with raspberries for a great jam. We love to make a sauce out of them and serve it over ice cream or cheesecake. I also freeze them whole and use them as garnish around cakes and whatnot for office parties or holiday get togethers!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
blackberry sorbet

2 cups water
2 cups sugar
melt into simple sugar solution over medium heat...dissolve sugar

puree blackberries with 1/4 cup lime juice

after puree, thru seive to sift out seeds and add puree with simple sugar mixture into ice cream maker.

simple blackberry sorbet

OK--I just saw this done on Paula Dean cooking show...she did it with strawberries..LOL

LOOKS FAB!!!!

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
blackberry sorbet

2 cups water
2 cups sugar

after puree, thru seive to sift out seeds and add puree with simple sugar mixture into ice cream maker.

simple blackberry sorbet

OK--I just saw this done on Paula Dean cooking show...she did it with strawberries..LOL

LOOKS FAB!!!!
Your making my mouth water.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
blackberry sorbet

2 cups water
2 cups sugar

simple blackberry sorbet

LOOKS FAB!!!!
Sounds great! How many berries does this call for?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dont' remember the amt. of berries but she "filled" the food processor almost all the way with 1/2 sliced whole strawberries........so a good amt. of blackberries would be needed.

Hope that helped..LOL
I am sure if you use too many it wouldn't be overkill..HA HA

better taste!!! :)

Paula's looked delish big time and I know, KNOW, that strawberry sorbet she made had to be killer good!

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I dont' remember the amt. of berries but she "filled" the food processor almost all the way with 1/2 sliced whole strawberries........so a good amt. of blackberries would be needed.
that's helpful :p