Blast from the Past!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
There is a 'Blast from the Past' thread on BYC where members share their childhood photos.. I thought it would be fun if we did it over here! We're all fairly good friends, so why not?
If you have any current photos to compare that would be great, too!

I'll start out, I guess.
Since I'm fairly young (18) this photo is only about ten years old, but it's me when I was cute and sweet and small! (I kind of look like a chipmunk.. I reckon I giggled like one, too!)
hun.jpg

Bee! I expect a photo from you! (unless it really would make you cry, then never mind)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
My mother put together this framed set as a wedding gift for us. The middle picture is me at the age of three in my aunts wedding.
1635_flower_girl_009.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'll have to dig out some pics, BB. And you can't laugh!!!

You were so darned cute!!!! :) And beautiful dogs!

Oh, my....what happened to mama's little boy??? :(

:lol:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score

Adorable, BBrooks! How cool is that?!
Where has time gone?

Bee... Me? Laugh? Never!

Yes.. That was our big ole Hun. Best dog I've ever known! The pup was a black lab and chow/husky/ or something similar mix. My dad dispatched all of them, but they sure were cute!
I think I need to come visit and hold your puppies!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Blackbird said:

Adorable, BBrooks! How cool is that?!
Where has time gone?

Bee... Me? Laugh? Never!

Yes.. That was our big ole Hun. Best dog I've ever known! The pup was a black lab and chow/husky/ or something similar mix. My dad dispatched all of them, but they sure were cute!
I think I need to come visit and hold your puppies!
Yeah, that was over 30 years ago :ep

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Keep in mind that I am very old and the cheap cameras we had back then were not so great. All our pics are up in the attic but I happened to have a few picked out for inclusion in my book, so I scanned a few. These are very grainy.

Also keep in mind that these pics are taken after work or hard play....I was a tomboy and a little scruffy. And we were homesteadin'!!!

Here is one of me at about age 3. Note the barefeet and messy hair...we were picking up apples, hence the bucket.

82_pics_of_self_growing_up.jpg

This is me at age 11 in front of the log cellar we were building at the time....this was later taken down and a block cellar built. Check out the pudge...and those shorty shorts!

82_pics_of_self_growing_up_001.jpg

Age 13, with my nephew and my yucky brother in the background. I have no idea why we were posing with a brush hook, but I used it quite a bit in those days, so who knows? Way in the back, on the left, you can just see our two holer outhouse!

82_pics_of_self_growing_up_002.jpg

A pic of all the people living back on the homestead that summer....I am kneeling on the extreme left, bottom row. I am 14 years old in that pic...still pudgy. Note the winged hair-dos!

82_pics_of_self_growing_up_003.jpg

Now...laugh all ya want!! :tongue

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
WOW! It's little Bee! What a cutie!

You're the best looking one of the bunch! You WERE a looker!

And what pudge?? Yeesh. You're far too hard on yourself!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I've heard that every woman is her own worst critic. You proved it. You were in great shape! No pudge at all in those pics- and with the shorts that were in style then- it would have been hard to hide it. No wonder the guys were getting crushes.

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
ste3-1.jpg

Me and my sisters and aunt. They're all lollipops.

stw2-2.jpg

And this isn't a youth photo, but it's all BB had in his computer for me. :/
Note the lollipop groom.

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
And WOW Beekissed! I'm trying to decide if you look more like Michelle Pfeiffer in Grease II or Olivia Newton-John in Xanadu. YOU were the girls I saw in 17 and all those magazines with John Travolta and Brooke Shields and Leif Garrett. I don't know if I should resent you or applaud you. Hmmm........

:clap