Blue Cayuga ducklings and Cayuga/runner mixes

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have over 16 ducklings. THey started hatching yesterday. They are from my silver Cayuga drake and my blue and black cayugas. Some are also from my chocolate runner hens. I am asking $5 ea or $3 ea if you buy 10 or more. These will make great layers and would be big enough to eat. They won't last long. They can be picked up today and tomorrow. They are all blue.

135_100_4616.jpg

135_100_4611.jpg

Parents

135_100_4238.jpg

135_100_4239.jpg

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Why did I click on this???
I would love to have them, but I remember some friends that got ducks every year, and every year they flew away with the wild ducks. Do you clip their wings?

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
These ducks can't fly. They can only get off the ground a few feet and that is running down hill. Mine are loose all the time except for at night. They have a little house they go into.

You know you want some.:D

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sebrightmom said:
You know you want some.:D
I have three ponds just screaming for some to join the wooducks we have nesting nearby.
I just asked OH if he wanted to get ducks. His reply - Not really, do you?
What type of shelter to you have for them? I would not want them to use our large pond as it has HUGE snapping turtles in it. Would they travel far if they have a pond to play in?

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My duck house is just a pallethouse. I took old pallets and made a little house for them. They stay right around my house. They have never gone too far. My husband just made them a pond. They go down and play in it. Then, they come back to the yard. I just love these ducks. They are great to be around. I haven't had any trouble with them. Plus, they are really good layers and if you wanted to eat them you could. I couldn't do that but I know people do eat them.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
So, just how close to Ohio are you????

I just loooove anything blue!!!!!!!!

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I now have over 30 ducklings. I am keeping a few but not this many. I will take $4 ea or $2 for 5 or more.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am still working on my husband. . .