blueberries!

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I stopped by my local Aldi store and found that they're selling blueberries for 99 cents!!! A month ago the local Giant had them for $4.99, so I was really happy. Didn't feel like canning them for once, but I had just cleared out a space in my freezer, so I stuck them in canning jars and stacked them in the freezer. I got about 15 pints worth. Might go back and get some for canning...
Anyway, if you have an Aldi nearby and like blueberries, it might be worth a trip. :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Whenever I see a sale like that I stock up. The last thing I found on cheap sale was whole chicken. I bought 10!

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well done! I'm hoping to get my own blueberry shrubs in, so I don't have to pay those ridiculous prices ever again. :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
Well done! I'm hoping to get my own blueberry shrubs in, so I don't have to pay those ridiculous prices ever again. :D
Ditto! I got a couple bushes around Mother's day, and can't wait to get blueberries!! I never get to can them though...DD and I can't keep our hands out of them long enough :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Neko-chan said:
Ditto! I got a couple bushes around Mother's day, and can't wait to get blueberries!! I never get to can them though...DD and I can't keep our hands out of them long enough :lol:
Weren't these the ones the goats munched on?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Neko-chan said:
Nope ;) I have 3. The one the nag munched was a dwarf blueberry, and she killed it :/ The other one was fine, and DH let me get 2 standard bushes from the greenhouse up the road this year :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
Nope ;) I have 3. The one the nag munched was a dwarf blueberry, and she killed it :/ The other one was fine, and DH let me get 2 standard bushes from the greenhouse up the road this year :D
Holding out on us, eh? :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
HA! You missed something?! It WAS mentioned dear ;)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sadly I can't grow a blueberry out here - Waay to alkaline soil and water. I tried growing blueberries in a big pot, amending the soil, watering with acid water. Got 2 of the worst tasting blueberries ever. I'll have to make the run to Aldi's!