books

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't see another area to post this - I hope this is the correct area.

I love books and like to have reference books on hand. I look at several using my local library to decide which is the best for me. If they do't have a copy of a book, you can get an inter-library loan. They will try to find a copy and have it sent them. It is usually free, but you sometimes(rarely) have to pay a small postage fee. When you request the book, you can set the limit of how much you are willing to pay.

sweetproserpina

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi!

There are a lot of great book-swapping sites around as well, if you can't find a book through the library or you want to keep the book.

There's one in the US called paperbackswap, but the one I use is international and called Bookmooch. It's great! All you have to do is pay postage on the books you send out.

I always prefer the library, frugality-wise (I'd go broke if I bought everything I read!) but when in need - I mooch :)

And of course, the library has much more than books - movies, audio books (often ones you can download online!), cds, magazines, newspapers- free!

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Colored Egg Farmer said:
I heard you can even get them from a prison library. :p I'm not sure it its true but that is what my hs librarian said.
Is that where you got your dictonary?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, Ticks...please....don't do it! :p You must be able to spell dictionary before you can make fun of someone else.... :lol: ;) We love ya' anyway!

Tutter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Oh, Ticks...please....don't do it! :p You must be able to spell dictionary before you can make fun of someone else.... :lol: ;) We love ya' anyway!
Yep, we do. Gotta' play nice, though. (((Hug!))) :)

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They don't have a HUGE selection... but works for me for alot of homeschooling books, and books for gifts for people... we get some of our books from www.libraryanded.com (I hope that's right) they sell wholesale to teachers, churches, and homeschoolers also!