Booze!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was quite the drinker when younger.

party party party

but as usual I got older and cut way back

now I barely drink...a beer or rum and diet pepsi
that is all I do now lol couldn't handle whiskey and such cause it killed me on time and can't even smell it now haha

but

I power down 4 beers and get crocked over Christmas

or have 2-3 rum and diet pepsi at July 4 and have a blast

wondering tho does anyone make all the special fancy drinks for the holidays....like boozed up eggnog or fancy minty cinnamon boozy drinks? Do you get into the booze side of the holidays?

I don't know...just rambling today lol

just wondering if anyone makes something fancy that is delish!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am not much of a drinker either but I do like to make a "Strip and Go Naked" during the holidays.

Break out the blender, put in one egg, one can of limeade, fill the empty limeade can with rum and add to blender, blend. Pour over ice until glass is about 3/4 full. Add Cherry Cola (strawberry works well too). Its so pretty and frothy.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I used to make this every holiday...
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/brandy-slush-i/Detail.aspx

It's WAY too sweet for me now, but back in the day... :gig

One Thanksgiving many many many years ago we had a sleepover party at a friend's house. Poker and partying the night before with a dinner planned the next day. I drank so much brandy slush that I passed out and woke up the next day still drunk. Not wanting to suffer a hangover, I figured the smart thing to do would be to start drinking again...LOL

It worked. I did take a couple days after that to recover, but I did make it through dinner with no problems and a nice buzz!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My dh likes eggnog. I can never remember whats supposed to going it. yesterday while decorating I felt as if I should have had a cocktail in my hand. Instead I drank some Easy Now organic calming tea. The kids were all worked up and I just did not want to go there.

We used to do the Christmas Cruise in the harbour on my in laws boat. Se would make that hot apple cider with 151 rum. Ooooo now that warmed ya up!!

:D

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy a good rum cake :drool Other than that, I like a good glug of homemade vanilla in my coffee and certain days call for a bigger dose than others. Alcohol has an extreme diuretic effect on me, so it's not fun.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Eggnog is not part of DH's Christmas memory, but he really liked it when I made it for our first Christmas. Now it is a tradition that can't be left out. Personally I would prefer mulled wine or apple juice; it just seems odd to have a cold drink during a cold season. Other than that, no, no mixed type drinks - I like a glass of wine in the evening, he prefers a beer.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I like eggnog while I decorate the tree and the house. But I don't like the storebought stuff, I use a recipe from the Joy of Cooking. But if I don't have that I like a bit of rum in my tea or just a glass of wine or two.

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love eggnog with Rum. I make my own with a recipe that my mom gave me, and it isn't cooked-I have made some already using my girls' eggs!

My kids are Dairy-free, so they can't have it, but I will drink it until my heart's content!

I might have to make some now.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:hide

I like a glass or two of homemade wine, but usually only on special occasions, and only enough to give a nice warm cheery buzz.
Alcoholism runs in my family and has for a very long time so we are all pretty careful.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
1 1/2 Gallon apple cider
8 cinnamon sticks
1 cup of sugar
Bring to a simmer.
Let cool. Remove cinnamon sticks.
Add 1 fifth of Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon (grain alcohol)

This stuff is SMOOOOOTH with a capital "S".
Make sure your either staying home, or you have a designated driver.:D

Latest posts