Bought a meat slicer!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
We were at Costco yesterday and they had (home sized) meat slicers for $49.

Someone on here had mentioned that they had one (Tankshill I think).
I thought that was a great idea and then walking thru Costco there is one right there for a pretty good price!

I bought two seasoned turkey breasts ($3.29 per pound) and two hunks of beef (can't remember what the cut was called but it was lean) roasted up one turkey breast and one roast sliced and bagged them put a few bags in the freezer and a bag of each in the fridge.

Whole home cooked preservative free lunch meat for a good price! I am so excited!
I calculated what we pay for lunch meat and the 4 pieces of meat we bought has already saved us what we spent on the machine.

I just wanted to share for those of you who may be interested!!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cool! I love my meat slicer. I have one of the old-timey, heavy-duty, hand crank slicers and it has paid for itself many times over.

Yay for no nitrates!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
$49 NOT BAD!!! You are right, that thing will pay for itself in no time. Can you slice cheese with it? I buy these huge blocks of cheese and slice them myself...what a pain that is, but so much cheaper than buying sliced cheese.

How big is it?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My first thought was....I WANT!!!! My second thought was.....a knife will continue to do just fine. My third thought was.....but a meat slicer will slice things much thinner and will save money!

So, does it slice things as thin as the deli? Have I justified purchasing another kitchen gadget? :p

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yes, you can slice cheese and you can adjust the settings for thin- thick slices, whatever you like.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...ang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC21898-Cat28485&topnav=

842458.jpg

The Waring Pro Professional Food Slicer is the perfect alternative to slicing food by hand. This heavy-duty brushed stainless steel slicer is every bit as stable as its commercial counterpart, and the 7.5-inch solid stainless steel blade cuts salami, meats, hard cheeses, breads, and firm vegetables precisely to the thickness you select. Both the stainless steel carriage surface and the stainless steel food-holder arm are easy to clean and designed for safety, convenience and performance.

Please click here for user manual.
Adjustable Slicing Control: 1/32"- 1/2"
Heavy Duty 130 watt motor
Suction Feet for Stability
7.5" Undulated Stainless Steel Blade
Premium coated steel and die-cast aluminum housing
Dimensions: 9.25"L x 14.5"W x 10.5"H
Weight: 10.2 lbs.
UL listed
5 year limited motor warranty
For product related questions, please call Waring toll-free at (800) 269-6640

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
clean up is my super big problem with gadgets

honestly I hate to have to clean them!!

But if you slice and make a bunch to freeze etc....limit usage it seems the clean up is minimum and you get alot of great fresher food for less money.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
clean up is my super big problem with gadgets

honestly I hate to have to clean them!!

But if you slice and make a bunch to freeze etc....limit usage it seems the clean up is minimum and you get alot of great fresher food for less money.
Exactly...this one is an easy clean.....blade comes off for easy washing , wipe down the thing and you are good to go.