Bought my new little oven

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well after research and asking here on the forum.....I did not get a convection oven...LOL

I ended up with toaster oven with rotissiere and broil and such. Tony saw it, and had to have it....only $59---well my convection would have been like $159 at least so I guess I saved.

He could not understand why I wanted convection. I couldn't relate to him how convection cooks different than just a toaster oven. Oh well........lol

he had a puppy dog face on him so I let him buy it.

SEE---NEVER TAKE A MAN shopping..it gets you in trouble.

He had that "all smiley, I did great finding this at a great price" look on his face thinking it is what I wanted. At least it is not digital, so I can leave it plugged in. I like knobs now! :)

Ya know what...I gave in. Who cares I guess....LOL-LOL

Sometimes easier to say thanks and walk away and leave him smiling! :)

But I guess saving power over using the little toaster oven will help over the BIG oven! So I win I guess..HA HA

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Oh FarmerChick- I do hope I was right about knobs saving energy- that is what I decided because you supply the energy by turning the knobs that run the timer or set the temperature rather than electricity doing it.. And that it doesn't need to maintain a current to recognize the buttons being pushed.Any way congratulations- I have never had a rotisserie but it sounds like something that would work on leg o'goat. I have never had much success with roasting goat leg but have also been to lazy to brine it or marinate it. I usually cut it thin and stir fry.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am sure you are right. No digitial clock, so no power drain I assume.

Maybe one day I will be un-cheap enough to buy one of those killowatt meter test things...LOL

stir fry goat. I hear ya....or smoke it. Tony loves to smoke big cuts of goat. YUMMY

leg of goat in the rotissiere? LOL probably not..HA HA

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
My mother has a toaster oven like that and really does love it. She usually just cooks for herself and my father so it's [perfect!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have one of those toasters with the rotissiere. I love it.
Only problem is dripping juices. Be sure to keep an eye on that because it will end up running all over your counter top. Since yours is newer they may have a deeper drip pan now.
Hope you enjoy it even though it was not exactly what you wanted.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tell me about your oven. Do you have a link to it? Have you used it yet?

We are without an oven at the moment. THe circuit board on our range went out. All the eyes still work (so far) but the display and the oven won't work. ... well, every once in a while, it will come back on for a few hours, then stop working again.

I have one of those Ronco rotisseries that I got for free from Freecycle. The bottom tray was missing, but just put a tin pie pan in there to catch the drips.

I mention it because I ended up using it to bake biscuits the other day. I made some home made biscuits, and put them in the rotis in a glass pie plate. I had to rotate the pie plate about three times to brown all the biscuits, and to prevent the ones under the element from burning. Then, after they all got browned, I had to flip the whole solid mass of biscuits over so the bottom would get done.

They turned out fine, but it wasn't the most convenient thing in the world. I had to watch them constantly.

We've been considering a lower cost, lower power usage alternative to our regular oven. Just wondering if a toaster oven will make biscuits, or zucchini bread! :D

Cassandra

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
here it is

I got the first one, the Elite Professional

http://shopping.msn.com/results/toa...?text=category:toaster-ovens+Brand:Maxi-Matic

I doubt it will take over my oven totally of course. And I am making a grilled cheese for Tony right now and WOW does this thing get super hot. I touched the glass in front and OW!

It will take some getting used to using this little sucker..HA HA

but for small things it will be wonderful vs. turning on the oven. Tony and Nicole love Mrs. Paul's fish sticks (I know, ick) but to do a few this would be perfect...vs. big oven.

book said it will bake cookies and biscuits, but bake bread, I don't know

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
We have a toaster oven in the camper. It does bake biscuits pretty good, buy I had to keep my eye on it. If I had the countertop space, I might just bring it down. It sure would be alot less expensive to do quickies.

Now you've gotten me thinkin about how much I waste by heating up my oven for everything.

See how good this forum is? You have me thinking about a better way to do something.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Thats so nice. It will bake cornbread but I don't know about anything else. I only use my stove oven for my homemade white/wheat bread and my homemade yeast rolls. Cornbread and most everything else goes into the toaster. Yours is much nicer than mine - mine is about 7 years old and is gets used several times a day.
Now I want a new one. Toaster envy. LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Toaster envy

Now I heard everything! HA HA HA

yea I just want ways to save some elec. usage and using a smaller toaster oven seems like a good deal for small items.

hey, 7 years old and still running --you so far have the best deal! :)