Bought my new little oven

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick, I need to know how it is going with you and your oven now that you have a little practice under your belt!! :D

I did end up buying one kinda like yours, but not as fancy. Got tired of this conversation:

(me)"What y'all want for dinner"

(everyone else) "PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(me) "No oven! Hello!"

So, I relented and got one. (I had a Sears gift card burning a hole in my pocket, LOL)

I have used it a lot. I will just say, it is DIFFERENT! I haven't tried biscuits in it yet. I'll have to do that. It cooked the frozen pizza (up to 12") really well, but faster than normal!

I tried a loaf of zucchini bread in there. The zucchini bread instructions say 350 degrees for an hour. So I put it in the toaster oven at 350 and within 5 minutes, it was starting to get scorched on the top. I had to turn the oven WAY DOWN to 250, and cooked the bread for a total of 25-30 minutes and it was done! (and it was awesome, even thought the top was scorched a little)

This has GOT to be an energy saver over a regular oven, right?

Anyway, I was wondering if you had any protips for me. Mine oven didn't come with any 'manual' to speak of. Just a basic cleaning, care, and operation manual. There are no recipes and no instructions for converting from conventional to convection baking. It's WILD how much faster it goes.

Have you had any luck, FC?

Cassandra

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yippee! So glad you got your little oven.

Does yours have "bake" on it. Mine has a bunch of settings.

warm, broil, rotisserie, toast and bake.

YES You are so right. It cooks faster! I did brownies in it and it said 350 for 25 mins. I did 325 for 18 mins. They were perfect. That little sucker cooks fast and hot!

YES I would adjust everything down from the big oven.

I made a meatloaf in it. WONDERFUL...but I put a small tin foil cap on it to keep the top from toasting too fast on the top. My "bake" part keeps the top burners from coming on, only the bottom burners work on bake.

Toast, both top and bottom burners come on.

My meatloaf was done so fast and perfect. I HAVE NOT used my oven since I bought this thing..LOL--I love it!!!

I made pork chops in it. I put them in a glass pan (just fit..lol) and seasoned them and did 350 for 40 mins. Turned out juicy and perfect also.

Baked taters are wonderful! I put red taters in at 400 for 30 mins...then lowered them to 325 til Tony got home. Yummy!

So it seems to be the stove top and the toaster oven for my cooking now, hardly ever the oven.

my booklet is around "somewhere" in the kitchen. stored for safe keeping, hmm...somewhere I can't find it right now..HA HA........but it didn't give like conversion times, just basics how to operate and then some recipes in the back.

If you do biscuits I would line with tin foill to prevent burning or something. Being such a close, direct heat we need to learn how to compensate for that a bit.

I am still experimenting. I love this oven and I hope you enjoy yours. I know you will be having fun cooking in it...I have! :)

let me know how the experiments go! :)

edited to say---I know we are saving big power over the big oven...just to pre-heat we use power and these little ovens hit their temps fast! My cooking time is definitely shorter by a bit vs. the oven.