Bow Huntin

hankus

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
If yur in the south, bow season is gettin closer. Its time to get the bow out if ya haven't already and get to launchin some arrows.;)>>>------->

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
SO has his ready. He's been practising too. He went up to his spot today as deer season has started here. I really, really hope he gets one this year. I know it'll make him feel like a million bucks ;)

hankus

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I still got til mid september, so I aint on top of it yet, but I will be by then. I'm puttin in stands next week, and making a few pallet blinds as well.

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Squirrel season starts here August first!!! woohoo!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Jaxom said:
Do Archers actually hunt Squirrels where you are? here they don't because one good arrow lost isn't worth 10 squirrels in the pot.

hankus

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Jaxom said:
Aug 15, and I'll be on em til September OOOOHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAHHHH

hankus

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
~gd said:
Do Archers actually hunt Squirrels where you are? here they don't because one good arrow lost isn't worth 10 squirrels in the pot.
If I'm deer hunting where they are real abundant I take several practice arrows just for them. As a rule though I use a .22 rifle or shotgun.

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Naw, we have these teeny bows for squirrels only here! :)

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm getting my bow next week. I'm super excited. I was late getting my doe tag in, but I did get it, thankfully! Hopefully I can get a buck and a doe this year. With only the boys and I to eat the venison, I can turn a lot of it into bologna and jerky. Mmmhmmm delic! I'll have to get my father to crank up the smoke house again.

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stupid laws....

A few years back I ran into this situation. I was behind on my childsupport. Wasn't working, that's easy to do. So once I got back to work I called the state to let them know, and give them my employer's information so they can do automatic withdrawls from my pay check. This is early spring, I was busy working, but after a few months and multiple withdrawls by the state from my paycheck I figured everything is okay-dokey. NOT, the place I was working for had a work slow down, and by then I'd caught up with my bills and all, thought I could go get my state's hunting/fishing license.

WRONG! I was denied. Gunshop folks were nice about it, gave me a number to call and all that. So I called up the state. Talked to some govenment drone, total idiot. He wanted me to pay double the support because I was behind. I tried explaiing to him things were tight enough as is. He wouldn't hear of it, it was I needed to pay a $500 "down payment" and then send his department the same amouth per week as I already was having withdrawn from my paycheck. There's just no way I could have done this. So until further notice I am not allowed to hunt or fish in this state. I even tried pleading with them that the game I took was helping me provide for myself, making it that much easier to pay my support... But nope, they wouldn't budge at all.

Stupid laws....UGH!!!