Bread Machine

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Does anybody have recipes for bread in a bread machine? DW picked one up at a yard sale so.......
Thanks

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
How big is your machine? What size loaf will it make? I personally, don't like to bake my bread in the machine, I put it on dough only and transfer it to a loaf pan or make into rolls or pizza dough.

I'll give you a few that went with my machine, it is a Toastmaster 1 1/2lb

For these recipes just add them to the bread pan in the order they are listed.

Egg Bread
2 eggs plus enough water at 80degrees F/27 degrees C to equal 1 cup
2 TBL oil
2 TBL sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour (I use a mixture of 2 cups bread flour and 1 cup whole wheat)
1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast

Honey Wheat Bread
1 egg plus enough water at 80 deg F/27 deg C to equal 1 cup
2 TBL oil
3 TBL honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast

Dinner roll dough for 24 rolls
1 egg plus enough water at 80 deg F/27 deg C to equal 1 1/2 cups + 2 TBL
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/4 cups bread flour
2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast

For all of these, make sure you check the pan about 5-10 minutes into the cycle and scrape down the corners to make sure everything gets mixed well. When the dough program is done, turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape as desired. If using whole wheat flour, place it into a lightly greased loaf pan and let it rise until it reaches the top of the pan and then bake at 350 until golden and bottom sounds hollow when tapped.

If you can get a copy of the manual for the machine you have it usually has recipes in it. Hope this helps, also check the kitchen threads, there are a lot of breadmaking discussions in there! Hope this helps!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
If you do a search here, you'll probably find a number of them.

Also check your local library. There are a ton of bread machine books in print. I usually check them out through the library system before buying one.

I see my Egg Bread recipe is different from LHA's.

StonehavenFarm83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I use our machine all the time now. I use a basic oatmeal bread recipe. When I get the ingredients out to put together one loaf, I also gather all the spare quart jars I have...I then make up extra bread mixes, minus the wet ingredients. So much better than hassling with the stuff each time I need a loaf. I just grab a jar, add 9 oz milk and 2 tbsp margarine and start the machine!! Will have to dig out the recipe for you and post here tomorrow!!