Breakfast today

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well to be kind and since I don't feel well and WON'T be cooking anymore today, everyone on their own, I made a monster breakfast to fill up Nicole and Tony. Not hungry so I didn't eat.....later for me. Cyber Chicken Noodle soup...wait, no real soup..LOL

I made

sausage gravy (homemade)
chicken fried steak
buttermilk biscuits (frozen, no desire to make real ones)
waffles
scrambled eggs

Nicole ate great so I am happy. Her face is puffy around the eyes poor kid but I wanted to make sure she ate good, and oh yes, she did. Don't need to tell you Tony sailed thru the food good..HA HA

so what did ya'll make to eat this morning??? and no one saythey ate turkey..HA HA

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I had two brown and serve dinner rolls and two scrambled eggs! YUM!
I am not sure what all of the boys and DH had...I was still in bed! (They got up and left early..ok they left at 8:30...to go help decorate the church for Christmas) But, it was either eggs or cereal.
DD had chicken noodle soup from a can for breakfast!! She wanted it last night at 10:30 when I was having my bed time snack and I would not let her have it so she wanted it for breakfast.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Homemade blueberry streusel topped muffins with coffee. DH also had a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

ETA: We're doing the family Thanksgiving today at my sister's, so a light breakfast today.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
A piece of buttered toast with a handful of meds and two 8 oz glasses of water - working on my second cup of coffee now.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hope you feel better Karen. We will have cereal or toaster strudel(the kids & I) Don is sleeping as he was at the gin all night. So I will make the pancakes for supper tonight. Saturdays are called pancake Saturdays in our house(although I might make waffles this week & surprise them). And make bacon too.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Too early yet but I am thinking on it. I get up, feed animals, do a round of depooping then come in for breakfast. Then back out to feed some more (my animals get two courses each meal,) then the major clean up and there goes the morning.

Seems to be a lot of crud going around- so many poor sick self-sufficienters........

Hope all you get well soon.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
It is just me and my youngest home this morning (6). Shes having a pop tart and I am working on my first cup of coffee. DS 12 spent the night at his cousins, my two girls 15 &17 left at about 4:30 this morning with DH to go to a funeral. I was not excited about my little one going on the 12 hour round trip road adventure....imagine all the 'are we there yet?'s!!

She and I will take down all of the fall decorations today and probably pull out just a few Christmas things.

Oh yeah, I will be eating a yummy parker house roll that I baked last night and maybe a slice of pumpkin swirl cheese cake for breakfast!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Some really good chocolate left over from yesterday. Yeah I know, a real good start to the day.
Some deer and toast cooked on the wood burning stove.

What I didn't have that I should have had; milk product and some fruit.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Cheerios while unloading boxes for the tag sale. I was ready for a turkey sandwich by 11:00.

angie68

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i had to plain saltine crackers! unfortunately the stomach virus is going around in my town , and I got it!

Latest posts