Breeding season 2010

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

Ducks are so much easier than goats. It's such a shame they don't give milk :lol:

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We kept our bucks at the bottom of a hill, near property line, against the street under electric wire.

The only bucks that ever got out were in goat pens (pipe corrals), but they just fought eachother and never though about the girls.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Yeah, I have to decide what I am going to do about this mess. I just left him there for now, as his fence is broken...and it was a STINKIN' FORTRESS!!!! This is the randiest buck I've ever had....ok, it is also only the second buck I've had. :p But he went from Bambi to The Troll That Lives Under The Bridge overnight, it seems.
Yeah, but now he figured out what he was missing! Good luck.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
At least now that everyone is pregnant, he probably won't bother them anymore! :lol:

I feel for ya though, my little escape artist guy managed to get in with the females when my 8 month old was in heat. Yep, he got her. I have decided to let it go because she is a big girl and I suspect can handle it. But it wouldn't have been the breeding choice I would have made since she has blue eyes and he doesn't. But he does have wattles and great milking lines. So we will see what happens.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, the hijinks! Naughty Dorian!!
But he went from Bambi to The Troll That Lives Under The Bridge overnight, it seems.
:gig

I really hope I get another few heats from my girls. We were not able to take them uptown for breeding due to transportation issues. My dad's truck broke down and every other truck/trailer I might have borrowed was being used or out of commission. By the time dad's truck was fixed, Dixie had quit yelling her head off and was contentedly cropping grass. :barnie
Gosh I need my own truck, no way in heck Dixie will fit in my car. Umbra might, but that won't do much good.
Why didn't I get minis? :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Yeah, I have to decide what I am going to do about this mess. I just left him there for now, as his fence is broken...and it was a STINKIN' FORTRESS!!!! This is the randiest buck I've ever had....ok, it is also only the second buck I've had. :p But he went from Bambi to The Troll That Lives Under The Bridge overnight, it seems.
hahaha

a troll with raging testosterone! :)

I bred for production so my buck was always in with the herd. I never had to battle that "lock up the monster" lol plus my bucks stood waist high and 250 lbs. I hated dealing with them mostly.....and I left him in when all the does kidded and with all the newborns. My bucks were always fine thank goodness but honestly, I sure don't miss all that kidding and crazy that goes with goats lol

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Donki has been shivering in the mornings. The little bits have grown nice thick coats, but Donki's hasn't changed much. I've been thinking about knitting her a sweater.... :rolleyes:
I don't like the cold as much as I used to. I'm home with A. today and I've been keeping the woodstove cranking! DH called and we had a conversation about someday getting a hearth stove to put upstairs. Flat top!!! Whoot!! We'll see...