Brink of war

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am an Army Mom. I am in contact with other Army Moms and their children are not all doing well.
Can I just ask everyone reading this to keep your military families under y’all wings? Check on them often.
I might start tackling everything soon just to cope. I don’t yet have a deployment in front of me but I do have the potential. I mean my son just had to put a new engine in the truck he uses to move the big guns around….just in case.
Other moms talking about their son’s wishing they could go home just to get a hug. Hard on kids. Hard on mom.
I don’t think any of y’all are anywhere near me but just so y’all know when I am going crazy I wouldn’t be mad at my friends if they would show up when I am manic and bring me a banana daiquiri while I am cleaning my orchard and just talking to me about orange trees. I need the distraction.
Before I was an Army Mom my SIL was a Marine Mom and I used to call her frequently and I would discuss my prayers and ask for news and I would talk about whatever she was doing. Her husband would cope with whatever he was going through by watching war movies and she would try to go to bed and tell him to let her know when he was done because no way he thinks she is going to bed while he is watching that. I frequently thought I was upsetting her by reminding her of her son but I learned from her youngest child that she heard her mom talking to family members and said, “One thing that really helps me is a phone call from Rhoda.” And that same woman has offered to make herself available to me if I ever need her.
DH has proclaimed our garden as a Victory Garden and I can’t think of too many other pass times a military family might engage in if we really are facing deployments. Very few of us have ever experienced rations and delays. A garden is security, especially when everything is threatened, including your sanity.
Anyway…it’s just there are so many military families….wives, moms and dads and even siblings. Adopt them for a time if you can. Help them get through this time and especially if they face deployment. Thanks 🙏🏾

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it's really dumb to kick a sleeping bear, it is even dumber to kick a bee hive.

now we do have a clearly defined foe and he's kicked a whole pile of bee hives that he didn't even know were going to be so upset. perhaps he thought they were empty... sleepy bear is waking up.

now i hope he can find a graceful way to back off without getting really stupid and the bear doesn't really want to charge, but it will if it must.