Britesea - Living the good life in rural Oregon

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
sitting in the house nursing a cold when I had planned on working in the greenhouse, getting my hot beds ready for starting seeds. At least I still have plenty of time; I can't really set the tomatoes and such out until the first week of June. I want to get the brassicas going though; I can set them out possibly in late March or early April with some shelter.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you @sumi I am feeling better now. Well enough that we went to see Early Man at the cinema yesterday afternoon. It's a hoot; I'm also pleased with myself that I didn't succumb to the smell of popcorn.
It snowed rather heavily last night, about 2 inches, and we are supposed to get more again today. I think Punxatawny Bill went back into his hole....

We have tons of eggs, so I'm planning a quiche for dinner (either crustless or with an almond flour crust) but I haven't decided if I want to put ham or bacon in it. I have some spinach that can go in there as well... mmm getting hungry as I type.

No Tai Chi today because of President's day, so I'm going to do some small clothing repairs that have been hanging around, and then go work some more on the greenhouse.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling better! I'm a popcorn fiend when it comes to cinemas. And candy… don't forget the candy :hide

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I sneaked in a baggy of roasted mixed nuts and bought a diet soda. That took care of most of the cravings.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The quiche sounds so good, I may have to make one! I have hens that are really getting into gear and 30-35 eggs a day piles up fast! I sell eggs but, some customers are just using up their store boughts....so I have a lot now. Quiche is a great meal & I love lots of veggies in them. Yum.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That friend is a keeper! :) Freshly caught fish is so good…