Brownies anyone?

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
Sounds good - have you made them yet?
Yep! we sampled them this afternoon.. I will sample them again in an hour with a glass of milk. :rolleyes: just to make sure they are up to family standards.
You gotta give them a try. They are really fudgy.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
That's EXACTLY like my favorite recipe with the 1 exception (ok, so not exactly) of substituting yogurt for milk. I can attest to the fact that the recipe in general is wonderful. I've substitute applesauce for half the butter before and they were still wonderful. Now, I'm going to try your version. Thanks!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I use yogurt all the time in recipes, it is wonderful in baked goods!

Don't take the yokes out of your eggs, though, they are NOT unhealthy, especially if you keep your own laying hens. And we do need some good fat in our diets, though maybe not in our brownies....but I am no longer afraid to use some good fats. If you want to reduce the fat content, though, puree'd prunes work great in chocolate recipes, I think it is better to only replace half the fat to avoid the rubbery texture. Anytime you add fiber to a recipe (prunes over applesauce if you can) you reduce the impact on your blood sugar levels and limit the impact on slowing your metabolism, if you are concerned about weight.

Oh-oh, time for me to go to bed, I tend to lecture more on foods between 10 and midnight! Sorry! But submitting anyways!! :p

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yokes were not wasted. They were fed to the chickens, I have nothing against eggs I just found this recipe and thought I would share.