Brunswick Stew

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cooking In a 5 gallon pot. What's in it? The better question is what isn't in it :)
IMG_20180106_213753921.jpg

Quart for my daughter to take home
IMG_20180106_213806201.jpg

The most delicious way to clean out the freezer!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thought when I opened this there was going to be a recipe. Just what does Brunswick mean? Is that a term for "everything?" LOL I used to do something similar, but I called it Son Of A Gun, I Forgot Stew. As in, ask me what's in it and son of a gun, I forgot because I just threw everything in it that I had. :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My 3rd oldest son is the Brunswick stew maker in our family. I'd be hard pressed to get his "recipe". He was telling me last night that this 5 gallon batch is a scaled down version of his 60 gallon recipe. The meats in are two chickens, a large pork tenderloin, a huge slab of beef, rabbit and squirrel. But any meat is fair game. I know from watching him there's 2 lbs of butter, diced tomatoes, sauced tomatoes, corn, butter beans, okra, potatoes, onions, peppers and who knows what else. But it is delicious - like a real thick vegetable soup with many different kinds of meat.

Have a look here --->
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunswick_stew

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thought when I opened this there was going to be a recipe. Just what does Brunswick mean? Is that a term for "everything?" LOL I used to do something similar, but I called it Son Of A Gun, I Forgot Stew. As in, ask me what's in it and son of a gun, I forgot because I just threw everything in it that I had. :lol:

Yep "Son of a gun - I forgot stew" and "Brunswick Stew" sounds like the same stew. I guess "Your guess is a good as mine stew" or "throw it in the pot stew" might be new variations :).

How about "You don't want none - it ain't no good stew".

Last edited:

Latest posts