Buckets!! Score!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BACOG said:
the funny farm6,

Try scrubbing your pickle buckets with a strong baking soda solution. It has worked for me.
And for REALLY BAD odors like rotten chicken, a measure of ground coffee beans will remove a lot of odors. just a bit of baking soda will remove the coffee smell if you don't like that smell. I had a truck load of chicken roll into our plant from GA and the refrigeration had failled. I rejected the chicken and directed the driver to a land fill. The next day he showed with the same trailer for annd outbound load and that trailer smelled spring fresh. I asked tthe driver how he had done that. Dumped the chicken and power washed yesterday, Sprinkled a pound of coffee in the trailer before locking up for the night. In the morning swept the trailer and here I am.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow! have to remember that coffee trick! Some odors are real hard to get out... especially out of plastic ! Thanks!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And now the finished product--pickles!!! I got 20 pints and 4 quarts! My son-in-law said that's a doomsday kit for pregnant women! :lol:

2536_20_pints_pickles.jpg

2536_pint_of_pickles.jpg