Budgeting for groceries

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh cool with his education etc. he should definitely walk into the job he wants...just a matter of searching and hitting the good job!
COOL---I was thinking the line of fire..LOL

oh my....you do have it rough....but the good thing is once the move is done it is done. Any move that goes well is hard...one with alot of things to handle before hand etc. etc. is even rougher..LOL

bet you can't wait to get back! Great things are coming your way, along with a little baby to hug on!!!!!

Will you rent when you get there or are you looking to buy a house now? You want some land I am sure to be SS and garden..LOL

greenrootsmama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We're looking to rent for now. I don't want to finance anything if we don't have to. I'd rather be paying rent to someone while we save for a piece of property than to give it to a financial institution in the form of interest. Besides, I want to be able to shop around for good deals and that's hard to do if you're not in the same geographical location.

We've been talking to someone about a 4 bedroom house on 4 acres and the rent is about $250 less than we're paying now. They have already given us the green light for chickens, a garden and our pooch.

Ideally I want about 10 acres and by the time we're ready the market should be more favorable for buyers than it is now. I wouldn't mind more land because I like my privacy but it's going to depend on affordability.

I don't really think of our situation as rough because I've definitely seen mcuh worse times. At first it was a shock and I panicked for a minute. But then I started to see the bright side and now it's more like an opportunity than a rough spot. As a SAHM in a single-car family I don't have any friends here and no way to make any. DH has some family here but we have NOTHING in common, LOL, and I don't trust them with our kids. I have a few in my family who are eco-conscious, frugal and/or SS to one degree or another and they're very trust-worthy. IME we will find more like-minded people there than we could hope to find here.