Building a Chicken Tractor

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not sure that classifies as chicken tractor at least not any chicken tractors I've seen of the internet I think it's a prortable fertilizer factory. Just add Cornish cross and move every day or so.
I got the idea off the internet....tons of similar ones out there. It has Cornish cross birds in it and I do move it every day. :)

FEM, I like your tractor. Same size I would do.
Works well for what I do! I have 7 Cornish X's in there (started with 12 - but Gracie happened) and they're doing well in there. I move it every day to a fresh patch of clover - chickens love it and so do I!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I always wanted to build one of these but never was really sure how. Lots of ideas out there on the internet but none ever made much practical sense to me.:pop

Farmer Connie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AWESOME V2.gif

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's already freaking heavy. I bought paint today, purple and an awful bright pink. My 3 year old grand daughter's favorite colors. My husband thinks I'm a looney. He's right.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I always wanted to build one of these but never was really sure how. Lots of ideas out there on the internet but none ever made much practical sense to me.:pop
As usual, I'm using materials I have and molding them around this effervescent picture I have in my head.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Um... Your tractors make mine look like cardboard boxes. But I don't have a tractor to move my tractors.... So they're waaaaay smaller!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
How will you hitch that to the tractor? Just curious. Seems awful wide, don't want to stress the frame

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How will you hitch that to the tractor? Just curious. Seems awful wide, don't want to stress the frame
I have quick connect on the tractor, gosh I LOVE that, and I'll just use a chain. I watched a guy load up our 12'x24' portable building using pins and a chain. The pins didn't even have nuts to hold them. I'll drill holes for bolts, using fender washers, nuts and a chain to hook onto. I'll get a picture of the hooks tomorrow. Or I could use the front end loader to lift the front end.

It's 7' wide, I'll probably put braces on the corners.