Bulk semolina flour?

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So does anyone know where to get semolina flour? I'm in California Bay Area, so it would probably need to be online, unless you know of somewhere cheap around here.

Right now I can get it for about $.15 an ounce or around $2.40 a pound.

Anyone know a cheaper source?

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
So does anyone know where to get semolina flour? I'm in California Bay Area, so it would probably need to be online, unless you know of somewhere cheap around here.

Right now I can get it for about $.15 an ounce or around $2.40 a pound.

Anyone know a cheaper source?
Check with the grain elevators. I get durham wheat from N. Dakota.
You have to know where it is grown. Once you know that, you decide whether you have a way to ship it/receive it. At the elevator they will sell it for $X/bushel which for wheat is about 50 lbs. I think the current price of wheat is about $8/bushel but as I said, you have to be able to handle it once you find where you can get it at those price.

Another good source will be www.waltonfeed.com
They will probably charge you about $25-50 for 50 lbs of it but still cheaper than $2.40/lb

By the way, if you are thinking of buying flour please consider that it has a rather SHORT storage life and may have to be kept in a freezer for a while to kill any friendly folks who like to live in it. Buy the whole wheat berry which if kept dry and cool will store for thousands of years. Yes, you'd need a way to grind the flour but then you have the "just in time supply" system all figured out! You only grind what you need and have NO problems with long term storage (just in case that is an important issue for you)

Hope this helps.
Trim sends