Burn salve recipie anyone?!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i burnt my hand on the toaster oven a few days back becuase im seriously accident prone...
it didnt hurt at the time and was covered in black stuff so i figured i hadnt actually brutn myself just touched some hot sticky stuff i handt cleaned off properly and made the mistake of whiping it with a damp cloth...yup, took half the skin off...

even after that it took a few seconds for the owie to kick in lol

then yesterday jasper dived caros me slipped and landed on the burn, you guessed it, took more of the dead skin off the top leaving very tender bare skin below...then jack jack decided it looked yummy and tried to stick his beak in it...

needless to say, its rather tender..

its not a huge burn about 2 inches long and about 1/2 an inch wide running from the knuckle to just below the next knuckle, but its a fairly deep burn with no blister to help protect it...so everytime i move my hand to do ANYTHING it pulls and starts burning again.

does anyoen have a good burn salve recipie to take the sting out and help it heal up
it is healing as it is, but doing anything with my right hand (dominant hand) is proving painfull.

i know vit-e will help the healing but it stings like a *insert choice word here* when i put anything on it, so something to take the sting/burn out so i can e it so it wont scar as bad...

i scar REALY badly and already look like ive put my hands in a blender from being a clumsy sagitarious my whole life lol
but this one has potential to be a larger scar that id liek to avoid...

more so though, it hurst and i want it to not hurt because im a whiney baby lol

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I have always just used aloe but it hurts like hell on broken skin!!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That sounds MUCH nicer than aloe hahaha!

I'll use honey next time :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Beekissed is the one who turned me on to this remedy. With an accident prone child, I know first hand that it works wonders. Sometimes overnight!!

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Pure Theraputic grade lavender essential oil.

My son had advanced 2nd degree burns on his foot and we had some silverdine burn cream and we mixed tons of lavender oil with it and 9 days after the burn happened he had a BB sized scab left with no scaring. His pediatrician told us that is the best thing we could have done. She said she has never seen a burn of that degree heal that fast.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've made a mash of fresh mint/aloe/comfrey/honey and a tad bit of plantain-just whiz it up in the blender and slather it on and cover it with another small leaf of bruised comfrey and change every 24 hours.
I have nerve damage from the car accident and my hands tend to be numb off and on and I tend to burn them quite a bit without feeling it, well till the next day when my hands become "not numb" again and then the hot water in the shower hits them.. Or a blister forms and I didn't see it..
I have even froze this to use in the winter.
I'd bet that adding a bit of lavender or oil of oregano would make it even better.
nothing hurts like a burn that is trying to heal..

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I second the raw honey - it takes the pain out of a burn pretty fast. It's a sticky mess but works great!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks guys, i actually have raw honey, and i do have mint growing in the garden and lavender esential oil *hmm*

it sucked this morning lol, slept with my hand relaxed, this morning got up and whent to clse my hand into a fist and it felt like it was tearing apart....
but its not looking as angry as it was jesterday at least lol

im so clumsy