Butter substitute?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FC - Great recipe find. Going to my "list of things I might need one day".

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I ama dding it to my recipe file of survival & make your own mixes! Thanks it will work in a pinch if need be & I have a hand blender for up north too!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HEY Pam glad you are around. You must be busy not popping in that much. You have that great weather that keeps you so busy outside I bet.....here I am holed up inside with that nasty cold wind even though the last fews days have been great.

Yea I like to know substitutions if ever in my life I need to make something like this.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2dream
you got it...you never know if you might need it and if you are the type to try it....so much the better.

I never bought a butter bud in my life, but next shopping trip I am going to add it to my cart only to "just have it in the house in case".

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I actually have "Butter Buds". Bought them last May when my mom had her stroke. The Dr. suggested them. They have never been opened. Just sitting there. LOL Now I actually have a reason for keeping them.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your Mom and of course I hope she is much improved!

I wondered about butter buds when I was losing weight. I came so close to buying them and then just decided to do without.

You you whip up a bit of this let us know the taste.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Thanks, FC - Mom is doing well enough to inform me she is not eating butter buds. LOL She demanded the real thing. LOL So they have never been used.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
LAst few days have been rainy, today is supposed to be nicer & tomorrow too then rain for a few more days. But Danielle has had a bad cold this week & takes a little more time. Plus schoolwork keeps us busy too. Not enough hours in the day for me right now.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry about Danielle, hate when kids have any kind of sick! We got over that nasty cold finally in the house!

yea our rain was here this morning and moved out.

I sure hear you on NO TIME! LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks, FC - Mom is doing well enough to inform me she is not eating butter buds. LOL She demanded the real thing. LOL So they have never been used.

*****LOL-LOL---that is a good thing!!!
yea real butter is hard to beat! I sure love it too!!!