Buy/free chickens in Iowa--Found a home!

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi all-- I've got a pair of white/black tailed Japanese Bantams that I am giving away for free if anybody wants them. The rooster isn't show quality by any means, but the hen is real cute and lays about 5 eggs a week. They don't need much space, but they don't like being too confined. They're good foragers.
There's nothing wrong with them; they're just too small to fit in with my bigger bantams and standards.

I also will have some excess Easter Egger hens/roosters that I would like to sell. They're bantams also, various colors. Green egg layers, although I can't guarantee the littlest chicks yet.
Just thought I'd offer them to any SS folks first.

BTW- I won't ship them. You gotta pick them up or I might be able to meet you halfway if not too far.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I do have a question for you though. I see your sig, it says what you live in. How do you have a computer and internet connection?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I'll answer for her, since i don't know when whe'll be back on. She's a substitute teacher and she only has access when she's teaching.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I'll answer for her, since i don't know when whe'll be back on. She's a substitute teacher and she only has access when she's teaching.
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. Talk about self-sufficiency! a 420 sq. ft. cabin no electricity. Wow. :thumbsup

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep-- that's the deal. I'm teaching music today. Not really. I know nothing about music except how to listen to it.

I ended up finding a home for my birds. I discovered that my neighbor lost all her chickens except one to a varmint a while ago, so they're happy to take a few new ones.